Motor mount bushings melting and tearing Bseries swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SohcZcCrx

1989 Crx Si Sohc Zc
Just like the title says, my motor mount bushings are melting. I have a GSR swap into a CRX. Who knows why? My front crossmember had broken in half, I replaced it with another one. But now the bushings are melting even faster. Any ideas?

Thats weird that they would melt, maybe there were in crappy condition to begin with, replace em.

Yeah, maybe they were. They obviously need to be replaced, but I don't want this to happen again. Basically it looks like the side mounts are sliding toward the rear. the material is dripping down my frame and onto the ground everytime I drive. It's really weird.

Ya really, i mean they are made to take engine bay heat obviously. So what the hell could be burning them? Which mount(s)?

VA have some bad air conditions? That's weird.

In my opinion, your best bet would be replacing them with polyurethane mounts (not just those inserts). You would probably want the softest of the poly tho. Hasport makes some nice sets but they could be pricey for some. Inovative also makes decent replacement mounts.

Good luck!

They're Hasport mounts that the bushings melted on.

Oh hmm that's not good. I suggest contacting hasport about it. They are normally very helpful if there is a manufacture defect.

Keep us updated, Id like to know what the cause is.

Well, problem is I bought the car with the swap already done, so I don't even have a receipt for the mounts. I don't think they'd cover them. I guess it doesn't hurt to ask.

i dont think it should matter.. i know other companies warranty the product no matter whos hands its in.. real lifetime warranty FTW!.. not sure if Hasport is one of those companies, i do know they stand behind there product.. so theres a chance

Back