Motor mount incerts... which company??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CRseX84

does any one know which company makes the beter motor mount insert?
Energy Suspension Motor Mount Inserts or Prothane Motor Mount Inserts?? does any one know? and has any one felt that big of a diffrence with them in?

i would go with the energy suspension a guy i know had a spec-v which i hate so much but it had bad wheel hop and when he got them put on it was almost no hop at all.

Now I am all for Poly inserts, but be aware there is a downside too. You will feel the road more, and your car might vibrate some from the motor. But the upside is better launching ability, and a tictile response from your car. I would use enegry suspension inserts they make things, stuff and things, that I like

The energy suspension kit only has the lower front mounts and the rear mounts, which really doesn't do shit for you. The prothane, on the other hand, has all 3 top mounts, and will make that mofo SOLID. I had the Prothanes in the FoDo, and they work like a charm.

Prothane > all

I've got Energy Suspension mounts in both my teggy and the Si. The Si has side and rear inserts in her and rattles a lot... but that's okay with me. The teggy only has the side inserts in and rattles less. Over time, the rattles lessen. Putting in shifter bushing inserts is also a nice performance upgrade.

Back