motor mount prob.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

h22bubbleback

got a b16 1st gen going into cx hb 92. tranny and rear mount fit..driver side mount off first gen b...doesnt mount. it should, no? mount lines up nicely with motor but into the frame...Y!?

:emofo:

do you have a mount kit?

also, on the back mount, there should be 2 sets of holes on the crossmember, one for automatics and one for manuals...make sure you switched the mount.

and ALWAYS mount the back mount first. if you didnt get a mount kit you might have to get a crowbar and muscle the other mounts into place.

you don't need a mount kit. its going into an EG.

the question i have- is are you using a Hydro tranny? the cable tranny has the wrong mount positions on it

its hydro. i put the back mount in first then tranny mount. driverside mount is angle way too much. i know the mounts is off a b18b 1st gen. i did it myself at the junk yard. i tried prying it in. still, mount wont sit rite. i unbolted the tranny mount to try and get more play but didnt change anything.

Maybe it is bent? Also there is a discrepency between the 1st gen and sec. mounts,but I believe it is in the mounting bracket, not the mount itself.

just use the driver side ount from your d-series, it will be just fine. you can't use the teg one, it just wont fit unless it from a 94-95.

d series will never work..it doesnt even sit rite on the bracket. i will try n get pics up. i think it is the bracket, it seems to be to angled.

Then you have the wrong bracket, the second gen B16A, and the 92+ D series are the same.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Sep 24 2003, 01:21 PM
Then you have the wrong bracket, the second gen B16A, and the 92+ D series are the same.

incorrect...92+D the bracket is offset............i took care of it. i went n got 94 teg bracket 96 SI mount..fits like a glove

Originally posted by h22bubbleback+Sep 25 2003, 01:35 AM-->
@Sep 24 2003, 01:21 PM

incorrect...92+D the bracket is offset............i took care of it. i went n got 94 teg bracket 96 SI mount..fits like a glove

Ok then, I guess I don't know what I have in my car, or the others I have done. <_<

Back