motor mount problem!! help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

im running the stock ecu the car came with wich is the obd2b harness since its a 99 and a it was a stock y8 head on it not sure how to tell wich ecu it is its confusing lol i can find out if u want. but yeah i mean im keeping the obd1 motor obd2b

Ok, so far from throughly reading all of your posts I have come up with a small list of errors. One error is that since you swapped in a D16z6 head I am assuming that you have the D16z6 (TD-42U) distributor, and assuming that you have the D16y8 intake manifold and that your car is meant for OBD2 you need to switch ECU's. If you try to run a OBD2a -or- b distributor on a OBD1 setup it simply cannot work. As well, the reason why you do not have an extra crank sensor (CYP sensor) wire is because it did not come with the OBD1 distributor. You should connect your Blue speed wire. Your ECU code should say xxx-xxP28-xxxx, this is marked on the barcode on the ECU itself. Let me know which code it is. Also you will need an OBD2b -OBD1 conversion harness which can be had at rywire.com. Please check with other members to ensure dead accuracy as I do not want to make you spend more money than you have to!!. This post is just my diagnosing of what the problem may be, hopefully it helped. Take care, buddy.

Ok, so far from throughly reading all of your posts I have come up with a small list of errors. One error is that since you swapped in a D16z6 head I am assuming that you have the D16z6 (TD-42U) distributor, and assuming that you have the D16y8 intake manifold and that your car is meant for OBD2 you need to switch ECU's. If you try to run a OBD2a -or- b distributor on a OBD1 setup it simply cannot work. As well, the reason why you do not have an extra crank sensor (CYP sensor) wire is because it did not come with the OBD1 distributor. You should connect your Blue speed wire. Your ECU code should say xxx-xxP28-xxxx, this is marked on the barcode on the ECU itself. Let me know which code it is. Also you will need an OBD2b -OBD1 conversion harness which can be had at rywire.com. Please check with other members to ensure dead accuracy as I do not want to make you spend more money than you have to!!. This post is just my diagnosing of what the problem may be, hopefully it helped. Take care, buddy.

i have a d16z6 block. i dont have another place to wire the blue speed cable i dont have a p28 ecu i want to keep it obd2 i also already ordered the dizzy harness from rywire so yeah um lol yeah well ima wait and take the motor out again add the crank sensor and wait for a nother dizzy and that harness :D thanks man il see what happens next.

Alright, sounds good. Send rywire e-mail because they will know more than me. If you need any further help I would be more than happy to send it your way.

oklay thanks! i also got a crank sensor already gonna pull the motor out when i can no time not work all week until next Wednesday so i will pull it out probably that day. thanks alot! for your help.

Back