motor mounts and brackets

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Can anyone name all of the mounts and brackets that I need to install a b20 into my Eg civic. I have the driver side mount what else do i need? Thnx in advance.

I will assume you are going to use a 1.8 or 1.6 b series tranny so, you can reuse the two tranny mount, the top and front, but only two bolts will go into the front mount. You can reuse the d series rear mount, BUT you need to cut off the top of the mount so there are only two bolts that will bolt to the tranny. You will need a b series front drivers side tourqe mount (ac bracket). I have 4 mounts on my b16a in my eg8, the only one missing is the ac bracket, because I need to pick up a del sol vtec bracket, because I am reusing the AC. I took it out for now though. But those 4 mounts keep it solid. :)

Originally posted by commador@Aug 29 2004, 02:48 AM
I will assume you are going to use a 1.8 or 1.6 b series tranny so, you can reuse the two tranny mount, the top and front, but only two bolts will go into the front mount. You can reuse the d series rear mount, BUT you need to cut off the top of the mount so there are only two bolts that will bolt to the tranny. You will need a b series front drivers side tourqe mount (ac bracket). I have 4 mounts on my b16a in my eg8, the only one missing is the ac bracket, because I need to pick up a del sol vtec bracket, because I am reusing the AC. I took it out for now though. But those 4 mounts keep it solid. :)
[post=383153]Quoted post[/post]​

There's no need to go without mounts or bolts, it's unsafe and will harm performance, you can piece together most of the ones from the motors bracket, and cars rubber mounts.

For your AC, you're going to need the 38930-P54000 AC bracket, the P30 won't fit.

Back