1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

motor problem

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by allgo, Sep 13, 2003.

1. allgo

allgo Senior Member

i have a sir2 and my motor has no vtec when it in my hatch. i have a stock p28, can that be the problem??? also, how hard is it to use an obd2 engine harness in an obd1 car. the wires might be the problem. im not good at wiring at all, just want to know if its ez to convert the harness or go buy another which i really dont want to do.

any help will be appreciated

2. darwins_vtech

darwins_vtech Senior Member

what OBD is the car, what ODB is the motor. If the car is OBD1 and the motor is OBD2, then it is a problem with wiring. The shit will be a bitch to do and since you don't like to wire, I would change something else around instead. Post back so it is easier for us to help

Darin

3. allgo

allgo Senior Member

i have a 94 vx with a jdm 99 si motor in. i use my old harness and wire the two vtec wire, no need for knock cause i have p28. sometimes i get a 21, but i have two vtec soilnoid and i which it around, some i get 21, sometimes i dont. i also have a o2 check i need to that care of but just want to get my vtec workin. any help?

4. allgo

allgo Senior Member

i thought the obd1 wire would plug up to the obd2 motor with no problems?? i have a 99 si harness, should i use that?? y is it so hard to wire obd2 with obd1 car?? i thought, pplug and go.

5. 97CTR

97CTR Senior Member

if your check engine light is on you will not have vtec

6. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

no and no.

the obd2a plugs from the motor harness need to be swapped on to the obd1 harness from your car:
    alternator
    injectors
    distributor

its not hard... just takes a little time.

sorry dude... stop believing everything you see on the internet.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted