motor probs

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hatchyboy89

k i am new to this site so i am not sure if this is where i should put this.

but i just put my motor (LS) back in my car it has a stock rebuild wit less then 1000 miles and i put it in and it started but it revs to like 4500-5000 and the fuel smells like it is mixin wit the oil,and when i start it(it sounds like it is missin really bad and then it stops after a lil bit) and start drivin it it bogs really bad and wont let me past like 1500rpms and then i turn it off and then turn it back on and it ok but still revs at like 4500-5500 and it smells like it is rich,

it is a 93 ls wit all stock but a stock rebuild,

please sumone help me

did you rebuild the motor or someone else ??????? said the exhuast gas smells like gas and oil???? could have put the piston rings in wrong and there leakin in the combustion chamber not a good thing. tell you what the best thing to do is. This is how I tell whats wrong with cars Pull the plugs and see whats goning on with them. if they have oil on them could be rings put in wrong or bad head gasket. (Never use old plugs when rebuilding an engine) if there white hazzed a little bit thats normal. Alot means coolant do you know what burnt coolant smells like??? do you have everything hooked back up wright could be the oil breather on the back of the motor could the hoses be hooked up wrong??? i know one is for the pcv and the other is for the into the manifold i belive id have to look but you could be sucking oil into the engine. check these and let me know.

thanks steve

k i will thank u, o and i pulled the plugs and they were black,i have a new head i have not put on intake mani but ill check everything,i think the oil breather in not hooked up right

but the motor was runnin fine,it has a lil less then 1000 miles,it is throwin code 14 and i looked it up and it says it controls the air fuel shit,or sumthin and it smells really rich

maybe he means exhaust mani. and if it is then it's cause your o2 sensor just isn't there, maybe it's the DP and the o2 sensor is right before the cat...same symptoms.

You would defenitly get the gas burning smell and probably the oil burning smell also.

You car just won't run without an intake mani...period

and running without a header is a horrible idea too. this thread reaks of either bullshit or stupidity.... something is up.

basically you can't tyr to fix a half-assembeled setup.

is it an LST?

What ecu are you running? Injectors? Management?

It's obviously in limp mode, but thats because of something you/the person you left it with did wrong or hasn't done yet.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Apr 22 2005, 03:09 PM
and running without a header is a horrible idea too. this thread reaks of either bullshit or stupidity.... something is up.

basically you can't tyr to fix a half-assembeled setup.
[post=490020]Quoted post[/post]​

Yes, another "I am not finished putting my motor together, but decided to try it anyway and it runs like shit....why?" threads.

Back