motor project done

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

B18C_NA

Banned
after many months of headache and tight budget, the motor is built. Bullet proof B16B bottom end, DPR B18C1 GSR head, ITR tranny, Blueprinted, assembled, and ready to rock. hope i can make it to the low twelves. Back then, with the B16B all stock, with minor mods i ran 13.8.

what cams are you running? congrats on finishing the build up, its always nice to be done with something and waiting for something to break or blow up again.

<-- ran 13.3 with b16 SiR2 stock longblock, you should be able to hit good times with your setup, personally I would have went to atleast 1.8 liters

sorry guys....hehe.....It's going into a 94 civic si

the specs....

DPR B18C1 Head
JDM B16B Block w/ OEM CTR pistons
Eagle H beams
Darton block gaurds
Toda B cams w/ toda springs
JUN Crank
Toda Sports Injection Kit (really rough idle, took it off)
Skunk2 manifold (Slapped on this one instead)
Spoon head gasket
AEM V2
JUN headers
ITR blueprinted and built Tranny
ACT clutch FZ300
AEM fuel systems
Greddy injectors
Toda Flywheel
Moroso oil cooler and pan
MSD ignitions
Hondata S100 ECU system
HKS Dragger exhuast 2.75"

this is pretty much it, though it seems like something is missing. I just got it in the car last night at 11pm. Pulls, very strong but very rough idle of the Toda ITB. So i slapped on the skunk 2. I can't get any traction from first all the way to third, need to get some slicks. running NA with 12.5:1, little knocking but thats with 87 oct though. some 91 with booster is fine. need to go get it dyno today at Motorsports Dynamics today. Guessing 270 hp.

ya, 270 will not happen. is the crank a stroker? looks like you live in sac, i go to school out there

Please tell me you're going to put the Toda ITB back on when you dyno tune it .............................

But yeah, looks like a good setup. I'd say around 200 whp easily.

Originally posted by Slammed89Integra@Jan 28 2004, 09:08 PM
Please tell me you're going to put the Toda ITB back on when you dyno tune it .............................

But yeah, looks like a good setup. I'd say around 200 whp easily.

haha, i didn't even notice that!
ya, put those ITB"s back on, are you insane? who cares about your idle?? looks like the jun crank is 87mm so its basically now a 1.8L motor, he should be around 220-230, with the itb's

Originally posted by SixtySecondAssassin+Jan 27 2004, 09:38 PM-->
@Jan 27 2004, 12:12 PM
Guessing 270 hp.

no

Wow. 270? DAMN. I want to see that dyno chart. :lol:

Seriously- if the engine is still a 1.6L, I'm going to hazard a guess at 180-190whp max. If the Jun crank is really 87mm and you're just under 1.8L (1793cc) with the stock bore, assuming you didn't go to 81.25 (1804cc) or 81.5mm (1834cc)- I'm going to guess 220whp, maybe 230whp max.

Good luck, and post the dyno sheets when you get them!

went to Motorsports Dynamics, yeah guys you were right, i pushed out 224 whp only at 7700. but it pulls real hard though. i think i shouldn't drive it that much, i'm freakin out about detonation, though i haven't heard anything yet. 91 plus booster everytime man. sucks. needs some tires though, them kumhos don't grip good and skirting from 2nd all the way to fourth, thinking of getting some nittos. think i can hit low 13s? all i know is i took out turbo RX7 the other night by 4-3 1/2 cars. that was some ugly ass traction too!

with that much power you can probably hit high 12's if you hook up right. thats pretty impressive power.

I'd really like to see that power band, post the dyno graph if you can. Did the ITB's make it back on for that # or was it with the Skunk 2 manifold?

Back