Motor replaced in 93 integra, wont start

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

90_EF_Hatch

Señor Member
When i turn the key it just clicks, and outside of my car i hear the starter kinda clicking as well, does this sound familiar to anyone? i have been reading through my Haynes manual and Once this rain clears im gonna bust out my voltmeter. But in the mean time if anyone has any input, it will be much appreciated.

Also my dad said he thinks the shift linkage might have gotten a little bent, and he straitened it out by hand, could this cause the same effect? my cars an Autotragic(automatic) BTW.

generally if the starter clicks but doesnt turn the motor i try a new battery or i beat on the starter a few times with the blunt side of a large ratchet.

i was thinking maybe the battery cause i charged it all night but my headlights were still dim, but then i also tried jumping it, and that didnt work.

I have replaced the Ignition Control Module, Rotor, and the Ignition coil. I have the voltage going into the distributor, but no spark .......

Could someone shed some light on the situation? im about to just tow my car up to a shop and have them finish it, but i would love to get it done myself. I just dont have the time to waste messing around, ive been at this swap for almost a month now. help?

well if you've done an overhaul on the distributor and you're still not getting spark, it sounds like you need to be checking the wiring or you're not grounding the plug when you're testing for spark.

Hmm, ill double check that ...

BUT i think we might have found the problem!!! We pulled of the distributor during the swap and rotated the crank. After tearing apart my helms manual its says that the distributor has to be aligned with the first piston at TDC. would this cause the distributor not to send a spark?

no, that would cause the timing to be off.

hmm alright. well me and my dad are getting up early tomorrow. i guess we should double check all of our voltages.

probably a loose battery terminal, or the power wire going to the starter. take your starter and test it with some jumper cables,

did you attatch the GROUND cable to the valve cover and the transmission case????

ok so i double checked all of my grounds, The Valve cover ground is good, the Tranny main ground is good, the Thermostat housing ground is good, any others im missing??

And i double checked the voltages to the ignitor, we have the 12v between them and the ground. we double checked our ignition coils, and all proper resistances are there.

We checked for a short between the wires going into the Distributor, and checked for continuity between the yellow and green from the distributor and the pcm, and its all good.

We are still not getting spark, not to the plugs, not from the coil not from any part of the Distributor.

like i said before we replaced the Coil, the Ignition Control Module, and the rotor.

At this point i feel like it would be a more efficient use of my time to set the car on fire and call it a day.

OH YEAH, and the fuel line where it meets at the fuel filter is leaky and keeps dripping gas. and when my key is in the "on" position i hear a weird vaccume sound coming from around the fuel rail area.

i think our next step is to call in a professional.

the starter might just be bad too. it's a commom problem for hondas.

Also try replacing the battery. Sometimes you don't get quite enough power from jumping.

Ok further update, after talking to a mechanic friend he said hes had spark problems due to improper crankshaft position sensor wiring, does this sound right to someone?

And i did some checking on the wiring to the CKP sensor and i think its bad?

Ok , got a call from the shop we took it too, aparently the short was happening within the distributo. So for future refrerence to anyone reading this having the same problems, even if you replace everything in the distributor, it's still possible for it to be bad.

On another note I'd also like to recomend A-team automotive to anyone in the Dallas area. The are located off us80 and collins I'm Sunnyvale and they have been very helpful and friendly.

The integra lives!

well just an update for those who care, Its running pretty well. just a few minor issues now (idles a little high, fuel line leaks at the filter, and i broke the hardest to find a replacement for bolt https://hondaswap.com/general-tech-maintenance/oh-no-i-broke-bolt-help-474519/)

but other than that i took it out for a drive today, and its nice! its got pretty good power, and it gave me a big smile, till i broke the stupid bolt

All who helped thanks! She's finally running like she should :). All I have left to do is get the exhaust fixed, get it registered, inspected, and get insurance. And there is a tinny coolant leak but I'm on that!

Thanks again to everyone! It feels good to accomplish a swap!

Back