motor running rough

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

93y7

got my motor together and it runs rough when i first start it up but after about a minute it smooths out. it also has no power when taking off. i have to ride the clutch or it will die. i just re ringed it and put rod bearings in it. any help????

got my motor together and it runs rough when i first start it up but after about a minute it smooths out. it also has no power when taking off. i have to ride the clutch or it will die. i just re ringed it and put rod bearings in it. any help????

did you give it a hone when the pistons were out???

yea i took it on a backroad and went from 20-50 in third gear probly about 20 times. it only has 150 miles on it so far. and its coming out of it a little at a time.

yea i took it on a backroad and went from 20-50 in third gear probly about 20 times. it only has 150 miles on it so far. and its coming out of it a little at a time.

you wernt beating on it where you? I wouldn't take a freshly rebuilt motor over 3500rpm for at least a 1000 miles until you know the pistons are properly seated

well now i need to know the easiest way to remove this sohc from my 93 civic dx. blew a head gasket and got water in it :(

yea it was. is it easier with or without trans. and wheres the best place to hook the hoist to the block at?

It's easier with the transmission attached. Is the head already off? If so, find an open bolt hole.

I usaully go with a power steering bolt hole, and take out the starter and use the top starter bolt hole, seems to bring it out steady and dosent dig into anything.

Back