motor swap 97civic hatch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

do you plan on boosting? what is your budget? what are your power goals? we need a bit more info to help you on this... be fore warned, there will be some conflicting views on what engine to get. me, i'm a sohc fan, d16z6 all the way for a boosted application. but if you have the money you could go ls/vtec turbo'd. or you could build an n/a gsr... the options are limitless...it's all about your goals and how much cash you want to spend.

might boost in future not anytime soon.its for a sixteen year old not yet ready for that kind of power was thinking maybe b16 or h22 a salvageyard has a k20a2 with 6speed out of 02 acura gsr complete drop for 3500 but i dont have that kind of cash looking at staying around 2500 for complete swap

16 year old... well i can tell you now he's gonna hotrod it a lot... i suggest a d16z6. it makes really good hp and tq numbers and will compete with a b series right out of the box. it sounds like you're on a budget, so d series is a definate money saver. you can get a complete swap for that car for 500 bucks, then if you need more power you can invest in a turbo.

dont get a z6 its obd1 your car is obd2 get a d16y8 if your going d series. plus the y8 has more power. but if i was you just get a obd2 b16

found an 89 acura for250 engine runs but not on all cylinders and is not manual numbers on engine are ( khn1.6v5fwf6) what is that

if i were looking at local salvage yards what year and model would have a good motor to do a swap with like h22,b20,b18,b16 thanks

lol good luck but here goes 94+ integra.. dohc delsol motor..99-00 si motor..93+prelude h22 motor..crv b20b motor..thats about it that would be worth it, but only if you could get it cheap because you can get jdm motors now days that arent much more

b16 is gonna run a bit more cash than a d16y8... i'd go with a d series... that way you don't have to buy a conversion mount kit. that and d series are plenty power for a 16 year old.

you dont need a mount kit with a b series

Back