Motor swap and wiring

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glen

I'm having a problem doin a motor swap. I traded my bike for a 1995 Honda Civic with a dohc zc non vtec motor, with a homeaide turbo. When the guy brought the car to me he said all it needed was to be computer tuned. Not really thinking anything of it I wanted to hear the car run, so I started it. There was some blueish smoke coming off the manifold. So I decided to change the oil and there was gas in the oil pan. Not knowing what had caused this I decided to do a motor swap and went with a zc sohc non vtec motor. After I pulled the old one and put the new one in none of the wiring matched up. So I done some research and found out that the ecu didn't match the sohc motor, so I purchased a new pm6 obd0 ecu and the correct wiring harness for the sohc motor. Now I have know idea how to hook anything up to the motor and the wiring harness doesn't plug into the ecu. I THINK I HAVE DONE SOMETHING WRONG. SO SOMEBODY PLEASE POINT ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back