Motor Swap Completed :)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BlueCrxNC

VTEC CRX
Well, I just finished my swap of a JDM D15B VTEC into my little CRX HF.... sHWeet! is all i have to say. Too bad I wasn't able to get an Si or even a DX tranny before I dropped it in last week.

For the past two days I've had it done but it wouldn't start.... had fuel, compression, but no spark... I tested the distributor coil and ignitor and they all tested fine and everything had power but nothing to the spark plugs.... After I ran out of ideas, I decided to swap in a new coil for the heck of it... rRwhiir, rrwhiir, dadadat, vrrrooommm.. That was the issue. The coil tested okay but it just wasn't pushing enough juice to jump the gaps.

Just thought I'd let everyone know.

Since I had to run the HF tranny it's not as fast as it could be, but oh well. I couldn't wait another week or two for something else.

John

BTW, I'll have pics of the swap up on my website soon... http://www.civic-crx.com

Congratulations! Now that you have it all in there, you COULD still replace just the transmission without pulling the engine...

Too bad I don't have any more $$ for a digi cam... yeah, that camera sucks at pics closer than 4ft... :(

I have a new clutch and flywheel (upgraded to 90-91) PM me

AutoX is the way! ;)

Back