motor swap question (performance)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ITBs are 3/4ths of your budget alone... g'luck friend..

ITB's are expensive and also must be tuned right. this will not occur till i am satisfied with overall build of my car. this will be a galaxy far far away mod:D

http://hmotorsonline.com/shop/sc2000search.cgi?what=page&item=30001
am i looking at thr right combo???
i am looking for NA power here so i would like to check individual throttle bodies^_^ it does take alot of tuning...i shall search
yep, there you go.

give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. teach him to fish and he can eat for a lifetime.

enough preaching. it's all about what you want. if you want an sohc killer, some pistons, a good cam, high end header and exhaust will get you there. it's more work on internals and you are still doing a swap, or you could get a b16 with i/h/e and be at the same point. plus you can order an lsd when you get the b16. which will be important for racing.

and don't listen to the guys about tuning obd0, it's an internet myth that you can't tune it. there are a lot of programs out there that make it possible.

yep, there you go.

give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. teach him to fish and he can eat for a lifetime.

enough preaching. it's all about what you want. if you want an sohc killer, some pistons, a good cam, high end header and exhaust will get you there. it's more work on internals and you are still doing a swap, or you could get a b16 with i/h/e and be at the same point. plus you can order an lsd when you get the b16. which will be important for racing.

and don't listen to the guys about tuning obd0, it's an internet myth that you can't tune it. there are a lot of programs out there that make it possible.

i will take your word on it...now starts the savings process or credit card all these parts. My friend and I will venture into this for the first time, so once i get the motor and parts i will start the HELP ME thread:p.

DO NOT PUT ON CREDIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it's really not that important to go into debt over a race car. if it's a commuter to get to work, then fine. but it's rediculous to put it on credit and pay interest on it.

DO NOT PUT ON CREDIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it's really not that important to go into debt over a race car. if it's a commuter to get to work, then fine. but it's rediculous to put it on credit and pay interest on it.

well it will be a daily commuter, but i will see what comes first...i dont have any debt only that lease payment for my wife's CRV and i am the only one working for now. i have patience to wait (sometimes). and my daily commute to work is less then 3 miles so it is a convenience for me to have a beater. i do not want to have another car payment. At least i know i will have a reliable car even after the swap is done. and i dont mind the unterest cause good credit nowadays is important.:cool:

Back