Motor Swap ?'s!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JToolz

Ok I just finished putting a 00 Si engine into my 1996 Civic Cx. I ran the wires for VTEC Solenoid and the VTEC Pressure Switch. Only thing is Im throwing CEL for IAT which Im not worrying about because I dont have the stock air box system on the car. Im throwing a CEL also for the IACV, which I dont really understand although at 1500 rpm when the car is being driven the engines will bog up and down severly, just at 1500 rpm. And lastly I'm throwing a code for the VTEC Pressure Switch which I dont understand because I added the wire for it and it still shows a CEL for it. I dont get a check engine light for the VTEC Solenoid though. I know I put in the pin in the right spot(C15) so I really dont know whats wrong. Heres the scenario though: I am running a OBD1 P30 ECU with an OBD2-OBD1 conversion harness so I dont know if there is something else I have to do with this setup or not. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I dont know how to rewire my IACV. I saw a tutorial on how to do it for a obd2b engine harness but have yet to figure out how to wire it for obd2a. I read that I dont need the knock because Im running an obd1 ecu. I need help on rewiring the IACV though.

you need a knock sensor if you have a p30. you dont need one if you have a p28.

i posted how to rewire the iacv for an obd2a in this forum a while back...do a search, i dont feel like typing it out or searching for it.

Back