motor swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Lucasw2324

i was just wondering what all the different motors were i could put in my 1992 civic hatch?

any of them

seriously

pick one

D,B,F,H,J,C,K...... all the way to small and big block V8s they've all been done
what do you want out of it and whats your budget and skill level

quite literally one of, if not THE, most mod-able cars on the planet

Best bang for little buck would be an OBD1 JDM D15 VTEC, USDM OBD1 B18B, or USDM D16Z6 (in that order). I don't recommend H22 at all. If you have a little bit more money, the OBD1 B18C1 (GSR) is VERY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. D swaps don't require you to change the shifter or do any serious wiring like Integra swaps do. Type R engines are OBD2 and overpriced. OBD2 is not an obstacle, but it's an unnecessary complication and added expense. This topic has been covered more than any other topic in the history of anything, second only to "is this herpes?!"

I don't recommend H22 at all.

An H22 swap really isn't that bad. Yes, it's more complicated than a D or B, but it's nothing horrible. You just need the right mounts and you need do a little bit of banging and hole cutting.

If you're looking to keep the motor stock and reliable but you want maximum power and torque, an H22 should be considered...

Back