motor wont rev!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

b18burna

ok one day i ws driving and my car just liek outta no where wouldent rev past 3k a git new plugs a coil and still it wont rev up and it smells like its running really really rich andy suggestions???

English and Puncuation would be fabulous! But seriously, It could be your car is running to rich. Why? not sure! Have you installed a FPR, Bigger injectors, anything fuel related? Does it have a rough idle or smooth idle? Have you fucked w/ the timing? There could be a lot of reasons! Please explain exactly how the car is running! Thanks!

ok sorry about that the car is all stock and, i dident do anything to the timing i did get a new fpr a stock one and it idles kinda rough tooand when you press the gas it gets up to around 3k nice but then it just stops like its topping out there kinda liek a bogging sound maybe.. well i hope thats helps a lil better

Did you check to see if you are getting a CEL? Check that first, usually motors not revving will throw a CEL.

yea Sounds to me that its running way too rich for some reason. Dont know why if you just put a stock FPR on it.

yea the cel isent on but i was runin a code 43 but i changes my o2 sensor and my fpr and it went out but still wont run

that happened to a friend of mine's car a few months ago. he had a 96 b18c1 swapped into a 93 hatch. his problem was a couplea things:

1. intake manifold was cracked
2. secondaries were fucked up
3. loose wires on the dizzy

he used the obd2 distributor that was on the motor, and just hacked it. all he did was buy a new manifold, remove the secondary butterflies, and then double-check all of the spliced wires on the distributor. works fine now.

but his did exactly what you're describing, bog down around 3k.

It DEFENITLY the TPS, i know this, i had to replace mine 3 times before i got it right. It'll rev to a certain point then make this crazy sounding bogging sound, real deep like your motors not getting enough fuel. Check the voltage on the tpsm you'll find the problem there.

haahaha.. peice of crap teg... just kiddin... CLINT is a homo!!!! my 4-speed hatch will beat your teg anyday... wait... no it wont...

"SHORT SHIFTS... LONG DRIFTS"

I had a problem like that with my '90 integra...checked all the usual things...plugs, wires, etc...changed them too...talked to a lot of people and got a lot of the same answers...finally took off the distributor cap and 90% of the teeth were gone or worn down to just about nothing...changed the thing and the car ran great!

i had the same problem with my h22, problem was that the distributor friggin moved cause it had 1 bold in it and retarded it big time. dizzy was messed up anyways.

Back