1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

motor wont rev!!!

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by b18burna, Dec 28, 2003.

1. b18burna

b18burna Junior Member

ok one day i ws driving and my car just liek outta no where wouldent rev past 3k a git new plugs a coil and still it wont rev up and it smells like its running really really rich andy suggestions???

2. lude68

lude68 Senior Member

English and Puncuation would be fabulous! But seriously, It could be your car is running to rich. Why? not sure! Have you installed a FPR, Bigger injectors, anything fuel related? Does it have a rough idle or smooth idle? Have you fucked w/ the timing? There could be a lot of reasons! Please explain exactly how the car is running! Thanks!

3. b18burna

b18burna Junior Member

ok sorry about that the car is all stock and, i dident do anything to the timing i did get a new fpr a stock one and it idles kinda rough tooand when you press the gas it gets up to around 3k nice but then it just stops like its topping out there kinda liek a bogging sound maybe.. well i hope thats helps a lil better

4. NoJokE

NoJokE Senior Member

Did you check to see if you are getting a CEL? Check that first, usually motors not revving will throw a CEL.

5. lude68

lude68 Senior Member

yea Sounds to me that its running way too rich for some reason. Dont know why if you just put a stock FPR on it.

6. b18burna

b18burna Junior Member

yea the cel isent on but i was runin a code 43 but i changes my o2 sensor and my fpr and it went out but still wont run

7. civicious

civicious FüK-VTEC VIP

that happened to a friend of mine's car a few months ago. he had a 96 b18c1 swapped into a 93 hatch. his problem was a couplea things:

1. intake manifold was cracked
    2. secondaries were fucked up
    3. loose wires on the dizzy

he used the obd2 distributor that was on the motor, and just hacked it. all he did was buy a new manifold, remove the secondary butterflies, and then double-check all of the spliced wires on the distributor. works fine now.

but his did exactly what you're describing, bog down around 3k.

8. B16

B16 Super Moderator VIP

sounds like an ignition timing issue to me.

9. 92civicb18b1

92civicb18b1 The Trisexual

It DEFENITLY the TPS, i know this, i had to replace mine 3 times before i got it right. It'll rev to a certain point then make this crazy sounding bogging sound, real deep like your motors not getting enough fuel. Check the voltage on the tpsm you'll find the problem there.

10. b18burna

b18burna Junior Member

11. onlyjdm

onlyjdm Member

haahaha.. peice of crap teg... just kiddin... CLINT is a homo!!!! my 4-speed hatch will beat your teg anyday... wait... no it wont...

"SHORT SHIFTS... LONG DRIFTS"

12. Loco Honkey

Loco Honkey Banned

Cat may be plugged too.

13. TDaddy

TDaddy Senior Member

I had a problem like that with my '90 integra...checked all the usual things...plugs, wires, etc...changed them too...talked to a lot of people and got a lot of the same answers...finally took off the distributor cap and 90% of the teeth were gone or worn down to just about nothing...changed the thing and the car ran great!

14. H22AdelSol

H22AdelSol Senior Member

i had the same problem with my h22, problem was that the distributor friggin moved cause it had 1 bold in it and retarded it big time. dizzy was messed up anyways.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted