motor wont start

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jbird

i didnt know where to put this so if i put it in the wrong area im sorry. i have a 90 crx and i just put a b16 in it, i went to start it today and it wont start. i turn it over and it just stops. with out ever starting. if i turn the crank by hand it with crank for a second then stop again like the motor is frozen. please help.

Originally posted by jbird@May 27 2004, 09:03 PM
i didnt know where to put this so if i put it in the wrong area im sorry. i have a 90 crx and i just put a b16 in it, i went to start it today and it wont start. i turn it over and it just stops. with out ever starting. if i turn the crank by hand it with crank for a second then stop again like the motor is frozen. please help.

have you looked at the timing belt??? if it's broken, sounds to me like your running into valves...time for a new head...better yet, just get another motor...if i am correct that is

i just put a new timing belt on it . i just pu t the motor in. this is the frist time i tried to start it.

i just put a new timing belt on it . i just pu t the motor in. this is the frist time i tried to start it.

i just put a new timing belt on it . i just put the motor in. this is the frist time i tried to start it.

i just put a new timing belt on it . i just put the motor in. this is the frist time i tried to start it.

i just put this motor in and replaced the timing belt. this is the first time i have tried to start it.

Did you make sure that the timing is correct and not a couple teeth off?

Check for spark.

Check for fuel: crank it over a few times then remove one of the sparkplugs and see if you can smell gas

Just keep crankin it! Mine wouldn't start for the longest time and you know what was wrong? NOTHING!!!! It just needed to be cranked over a few times. Most of these motors have been sitting on a lot for 5 yrs or more so give it some time. Now if it won't crank after like an hour of cranking, you have a definite problem.

It might be your fuel pump. Use a volt meter to check if the fuel pump is getting power. If it is then the fuel is cashed. Also check the main fuel pump relay under the dash.

it is getting fuel. im checking the spark now

Back