Motorex owner Jailed...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

you can register a camel with a turbo on it in florida. seriously.

You can probably register it in FL, and the other 47 states - OTHER than CA, and Mass.

I'm moving to Vermont.

You can do it in Mass, you just have to go to the right places

Boston DMV - No

Small local DMV's that don't ever see anything like that - yes

I think that Canada should be used in getting one of these cars into the US. Have it shipped into Vancouver (Where they'll port ANYTHING) and then bring it to Toronto and register it. Then bring it to the US with it's canadian papers.

I got my Nissan Micra that way (Well, except the shipping.. my Micra was registered in CT as a "Nissan Other" and the VIN was short.

They're kinda like RE-VIN's

You show up with a bunch of paperwork/receipts for parts (bumper absorbers, o2 sensors, cat converter, EGR parts) and they assume you know what you're doing/have done this before, they're going to be a little confused, and being lazy DMV workers, they assign you a VIN without much hassle...as long as you can answer all their questions

Also, bring the car on a flatbed...

I was on a Skyline board not to long ago and they said only OBD-I Skylines are eligible. And the reason why Motorex got canned was because they badged the R34s as R33s because those were the ones being used as test mules and were being crashed. They were also not doing some of the required conversions. This info was provided by Sean Morris who used to work at Motorex and heads RBMotoring. I forgot the board, but I can look it up for those interested.

Rumor is only 12 R34 GTRs has been federalized for all states. There are other ways of bringing them over and getting it "legal," but for the most part it depends on where you live because the laws can be different. But if you ever get caught and can't provide the correct info, the pigs can take your car and crush without having to pay you back or say anything else.

Back