Motorola Razr

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reckedracing

TTIWWOP
VIP
So I have 2 cell phones, one digital for personal use, and the other is for my friend, its in my name and i handle the account and finances but he's the one actually paying the bill...

So my friend wants to get this motorola razr phone for some ungodly reason...
i think its a piece of shit and will break/overpriced etc etc
but he wants it

so my question is, what do you need to look for in a phone purchased off of ebay?
he's got a sims card, gsm account, cellular one (dobson) service...

cell one wants 315 for the phone but i see them cheaper on ebay...

any pointers for me?

ya get one through your provider.
look at the moto v635 better phone and has a metal housing and it tough (it has fallen 2 storeys and is still going)

The only thing the RAZR has going for it is style.

And now, it's outdated technology. If he wants a razr, tell him to wait till the new version comes out.

or look into the motorola 878... there was a buy it now for like 95 bucks a second ago, but it just sold.

Quoted post[/post]]
or look into the motorola 878... there was a buy it now for like 95 bucks a second ago, but it just sold.

Had it, made for a good conversation piece but definately wasn't the caliber of phone that I expected. Speaker phone didn't always work if I turned it on before a call, the phone itself was fairly slow and I expected much faster. Felt flimsy and cheap and the price of the phone dropped like a rock, so now it wouldn't even be a conversation piece. I ditched it while I could and sold it on ebay for my profit and kept the same old shitty LG I have now and have had for the past year. Its just not worth it for me to buy a big expensive phone when I know its going to get dropped, I rather be able to throw my phone against the wall and not care then to have to worry about a phone getting all scratched up and program.

Another thing, the numpad was silver and left greasey finger prints like woah that made it look like shit and was a pain in the ass to try to clean because of the grooves.

Thumbs down to that. If I could get a smaller version of my friends Motorola v710, I'd be all over something like that.

The woman that owns the store that I get my cell phone stuff through told me that of all the phones that get returned and/or have repair requests, the Razr is in the lead by far. It's a piece of junk.

I know 4 kids with razr's. They've had theirs for over a year and haven't had a single problem. I plan on getting the new one that comes out in december when my contract ends.

I have a v600. Its shiny and has an aluminum body, but is outdated now, and I've only had problems with it. In the last year I've gone through 3 of them, and I'm now on my 4th.

go to google and search for "cellz4less". it will come up with an ebay store. the guy sells a lot of phones and i had someone tell me that he has bought a couple from that guy and it was good.

Ive got the v551 kinda old but compares it to my friends razr and all the options are the same, menu, settings, even same ringtones. I thought about buying one cause I thought I could play MP3s on it but nope, you can only download MP3 ringtones, witch I can do with my phone. Sooo, if you need a razr to pick-up chicks then get it, other wise, dont wast your money.

yup. i got the V551. its a damn good phone. the only complaint i got is that it is a little thick, but oh well.

Quoted post[/post]]
The only thing the RAZR has going for it is style.

And now, it's outdated technology. If he wants a razr, tell him to wait till the new version comes out.

Yeah.

I took a pic with my new Samsung and with my friends razr at the same time . . . . mine came out wwwaaaaayyy better (brand new phone, flashless camera) than the razr's pic did even w/the flash.

So what RAZR out there has a flash? Cause mine sure doesn't.

Got my Razr about 4-5 months ago, and never had a problem besides having to turn it off/back on to reboot once or twice since I've had it when the software glitches.

Camera pics aren't horrendous FOR A CELL PHONE, and the zoom feature is cool. You can enable several more option if you hack the phone... such as a video camera mode, more usable memory, and volume features, but I'm not going to mess with that. No thanks.

As far as the keys getting greasy and whatnot... you're not supposed to eat cheeseburgers WHILE poking around on your phone. Wash your hands you nasty fuck. Mine stays plenty clean except the usual flip phone screen print of your face oils. Unavoidable, I say.

Considering my provider hasn't charged me for the phone at all, it was an excellent upgrade over my old Nokia POS.

I have the silver v3 actually.. and the programs arent any different than the v300... which was my old phone.. and I was very disappointed in that sense.. but every where i go ppl were like thats a sexy phone and what not......

>> this phone has:
- been dropped down stairs and still survived (w/o the leather coverings)
- If it falls flat, it doesnt even turn off... (theory tested many times)
- has been dropped over id honestly say 30 times and still works perfectly...
______---And I know you guys wont believe me but.........................
It was fully submerged in a big cup of water for 8 seconds and it still worked...(after the fact that i turned it off... shook out the water like a raging maniac while cursing and put it in the sun to dry for 4 hrs......)

Its a good looking phone but i'd wait.. when i bought it, it first came out and was $500.00, in toronto you can get it now with a basic rogers plan for $100.00

Wait for the white ones that i hear are coming out... sexy

EDIT:
SIR KID: "Camera pics aren't horrendous FOR A CELL PHONE, and the zoom feature is cool. You can enable several more option if you hack the phone... such as a video camera mode, more usable memory, and volume features, but I'm not going to mess with that. No thanks.

As far as the keys getting greasy and whatnot... you're not supposed to eat cheeseburgers WHILE poking around on your phone. Wash your hands you nasty fuck. Mine stays plenty clean except the usual flip phone screen print of your face oils. Unavoidable, I say."
:happy: I agree with that completely.

Sir Kid, you need to be bitch slapped.

I'm the last person you need to be talking to about eating cheeseburgers and being a nasty greasey fuck.

The phone is a piece of shit, end of story. Had it not been, I might've actually kept it.

Another thing, the numpad was silver and left greasey finger prints like woah that made it look like shit and was a pain in the ass to try to clean because of the grooves.

As far as the keys getting greasy and whatnot... you're not supposed to eat cheeseburgers WHILE poking around on your phone. Wash your hands you nasty fuck.

SiR Kid = Mod Squad

Sir Kid, you need to be bitch slapped.

you're so gonna get e-kicked in the nuts...

kicked.in.the.nuts.jpg

white_2_4.jpg

that new razr is sechsay... i am waitng for that bitch to come out. Then al the 17yr old high school bitchz will be jockin' me yO! no really though... it is a sexy phone and i will be the first to own one :)

Back