mount on the a/c bracket?! Is it needed??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bdogggut34

I had the A/C removed when the swap went in but now that i'm looking at some other swaps i see that the entire bracket has been removed including the rubber mount. Is the mount needed at the location i'm trying to show below:

Bracket Pic

does this affect stability or anything if removed?? 92 Si w/ 95 B18b

Originally posted by bdogggut34@Dec 21 2004, 07:53 PM
I had the A/C removed when the swap went in but now that i'm looking at some other swaps i see that the entire bracket has been removed including the rubber mount. Is the mount needed at the location i'm trying to show below:

Bracket Pic

does this affect stability or anything if removed?? 92 Si w/ 95 B18b
[post=435629]Quoted post[/post]​

Yes it is needed, this limits the torque applied to the chassis at the mounts. It seems strange that people swap to more powerfull engines and think that it is OK to not to use all of the factory mounts? :huh:

Originally posted by friz@Dec 21 2004, 09:03 PM
Yes it is needed, this limits the torque applied to the chassis at the mounts. It  seems strange that people swap to more powerfull engines and think that it is OK to not to use all of the factory mounts? :huh:
[post=435630]Quoted post[/post]​

Yea its what i was thinkin, but like i said, if you look around at some swaps people have that entire bracket if taken off? :unsure: thanks!!

Quite a few of the aftermarket companies go with fewer mounts because they claim to be stiff enough with less than the OEM number of mounts- but I use all of them. I don't know for sure which ones they delete, but they all claim to hold the engine in place better than the stock setup.

my boy has the hasport set for his b16 and the three they came with are the rear the tranny and the driver side his engine doesn't rock at all it stays really stiff, the mounts it gets rid of is the one on the bottom/front of the tranny with the three bolts and the arm, and the a/c mount. i got the avid set for mine and i don't have the a/c or the front tranny mount on and it doesn't move at all

If you're running an aftermarket mount kit, the bushings are usually stiff enough to get by without the torque mounts. I am using all OEM and didn't have the torque mounts for about a year then when I installed them it was amazing the difference in response, and overall feel when driving.

i agree i love those mount what a difference from when i was first driving and the motor was flying all over the place put those in and it doesn't move the only problem i have is when i am at a stop light my shifter vibates but when i am driving not a problem, i know the mounts cause that because when i had the stock mounts in there it didn't vibrate.

Originally posted by Calesta@Dec 21 2004, 11:37 PM
Maybe I need to switch... I hate pulling that mount out when I have to change my AC belt.
[post=435712]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah...That mount is a bitch. I think im going to check out the hasport kit.

Back