Mount problem?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

97SIRTN

I put an SIRII into my 97 EX coupe. Everything is in but for some reason my drivers side mount is not trait. It looks like the engine is farther forward in tyhe bay than was intended. I got the SI mount for the rear tranny mount, as well as for the top one. Reused civic stock rubber in both. I have a Hasport mount for the driver side for this particular swap. Still, the mount angles so far forward that it pinches the polyurethane till metal touches metal. I still can't upload pics or I would show you. Any thoughts before anything bad happens?

Is the rear mount bolt in, and are the front two mounts bolted on? Why can't you upload pics?

Do you have any pics of the what the mounts would be? I can't add pics to my album. How else can they be uploaded? I have yet to hit 50 posts to have access.

Bad link. Based on that description though, it sounds like you have the wrong mount, where did you get it from?

Yeah, guess I did that wrong.
I bought the driver's side mount from Hasport, it is for B swaps.
The rear tranny mount I got from Honda, as well as the top mount.
Could the rear mount be wrong? I think I got it for a 99 Civic Si
Should I have gotten it for a Del Sol?

Well, I know Honda has messed up before, I couldn't get them to understand that I needed a DelSol vtec as in DOHC harness, they sent me a D16Z6 one...twice. If it came in a package, get the part number and have an autoshop look it up, or just post the number here. The 99 Si one is the one you need for a B into an EK.

I technically have an EJ8 right?
EK=EJ?
I am almost 100% pos I ordered the rear mount for a 99 SI. I don't know if I still have the packaging or the reciept for that matter. I can be a little messy with my personal papers. My desk is super cluttered.
Could the top tranny mount keep the engine from going backward? I can't see it. I had to use a PRY BAR to get the mount and engine to hook up like they are.
Sounds like the rear mount to me.

Is there any marking on the mount itself that would identify it?

And just how do I put pics in my replys?

Click on "My Controls" at the top in the light blue box that goes across the screen. On the oage it takes you to, on the leftside click the "Your Gallery" from there follow instructions, but I think you have to have 50 post to use it.

On imagestation just put a link to the gallery so we can go look.

You should never have to use a pry bar to fit a mount anywhere.

you have a 97 civic the 99 civic si is the same mounts. the one on the driver side does it look like this mount kit then it should fit. look at your rear mount and see if it matchs your civic mount. that will tell you if you have the right one. it should look like this one. and also your car is a ek not a eg. EG is 92-95 civic and EK is 96-00 civic hope this helps let me know.

the del sol has a compltly diffrent mount it is raised type on the part where it bolts to the subframe.

ya boy steveo

I think Honda gave me the wrong rear engine T mount then. The one at the bottom of the last link which Hasport sells for $65 I think. I ordered that one for a 99 SI, I bet they gave me the wrong one.
IS there any way to tell if I don't still have my receipt or the bag. Now that is the question.

Let me take some pics of the brackets I got and see if yours matches up with them let me get them and ill get back to you on this.

ya boy steveo

Back