Mount suggestions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

FyReo3

Can anyone point me in a direction to find aftermarket mounts for a B18c1 in a 6th gen?

I checked the Hasport site, they do not have them for my car..... 99 EX. They have them for an H22 swap and a few others, but not B18c1.

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi@Nov 20 2003, 11:54 PM
hasport calls them "replacement" mounts

Exactly, because you can use them to "replace" the STOCK mounts, which work MORE than adequately.

Gotcha....

This being my first swap, excuse my nooby questions.

Are the "Replacement" mounts fro Hasport stronger than stock mounts?

I just do not want to spend the money on factory strength mounts, only to replace them later. I have big plans for this motor, and I have already been through mounts on my D16.

Thanks for replies.

they are solid polyurethane
i have them

the engine wont move at all
the car will vibrate like an epileptic

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Nov 22 2003, 06:52 AM
they are solid polyurethane
i have them

the engine wont move at all
the car will vibrate like an epileptic

^^^ i'm w/ the penguin

i have a 99 DX HB w/ B18C5... used stock mounts, cept for the rear trans "T" mount and driver side a/c mount, i think... i don't remember... stock is good for me...

if you wanna spend the money on the mounts, go for it. but you should be able to get some polyurethane inserts for your stock mounts for around 30-50 dollars and theyll get the job done nicely.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I have inserts on my D16 right now, and I must admit they do fine. I just did not know about putting them on this motor. I just wanted to make sure I did not do anything half-assed, that I would have to fix later.

I plan on building this motor before dropping it in, I know everyone has there opinions. What do you think I should go with pistons, rods, and sleeves? Particularly sleeves, for I have never delt with them before. I plan on eventually pushing 15-20 psi.

a problem that I always had was that my upper right motor mount would bust, but then again I was using the bare amount of just 3 "upper tranny, rear, and upper motor"

the lower tranny and Ac mounts are optional but honestly after breaking mounts I would use them also.

Back