Mounting Clutch on FLywheel

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Yeah, but when it comes time to get the tranny on you're going to want to kill yourself.
Use a deep socket in place of the alignment tool to help get it semi-close.

yeah...

I think if i spent a long enough time getting it as close as I could or making something to align it... I should be able to bet that tranny back on there...idk never done this and I'm only 16

Just get the tool dude..trust me.. holding and wrestling with that ..I dunno how much it weighs.. but somebody's arms are gonna be tired after 20 minutes o_O

The pins that I had to line up were enough trouble, having to do that without the tool would make me wanna cry.

How should I prep it?

It's dirty with clutch dust and the flywheel is kinda dirty...what should I clean? what could I use? I have acetone and rubbing alcohol, I'm was thyinking of maybe getting some brake parts cleaner.

anti seize or grease the input shaft
use an extension or socket as an alignment tool
wrap the extension or socket with tape till its the right size...

SO

No one in my area has the tool for my car. I place the clutch disc on my flywheel, put the cover over it, use a socket or something to get the clutch disc linned up perfectly center, and then tighten the bolts ??

thats correct
disc and tool placed on flywheel, then put the pressure plate over it, make sure its centered and run in the 6 12 sided 10 mm bolts...

I got a universal tool today at some auto parts store I have never heard of, it was very hard to find one, I used it to align the clutch and it worked great. thanks guys

Back