mounts

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Jhonda

other than the hasport kits what mounts can i use for the left right rear for a b16a1 swap in a 94 del sol

stock mounts will work as well

I just put a B16 (jdm sir2) into my 92 lx and I used the stock mounts from my engine
I might upgrade sometime down the line but no money right now

place racing makes mounts too I think

if im putting a gen1 b16 couldnt i use the stock 94-95 mounts for the del sol since i had a b16 in 94-97 ..

should be able to, the only diff is going to be the cable tranny conversion
why not just go with a b16a2?

hmmm,

when I got my engine it came with only one of the three main mounts (the back one) I reused the left and right mounts from my D engine. there are too other smaller mounts on the engine as well but those came with it but I would assume the D's would still work

you would have to be more specific about exactly which mount you are talking about i guess

what stock mount can i use for the tranmission to bolt into my delsol
the b16a1 cable transmission doesnt have a mount when i got it so i need to find somthing that will work

I need to know exactly what mount i need for a b16A cable transmission to go into a 94 del sol si

The bracket (that connects the mount to the motor) on the 1st gen and second gen B16A's is different, you need the appropriate one for the mount, other than that the others are the same.

there is no stock mount that will alow you to put a cable b series tranny into a del sol, you have to get that mount from hasport, along with the hydro to cable tranny conversion

The original mount will work but your motor will be croked *sp. Use the Cable mount that HASport has and as far as being able to run the cable tranny you need a CRX pedal box, cable, and bamn you got a cable tranny. They engage much faster than hydro's

Milan

Originally posted by JDMilan@Aug 9 2003, 04:45 PM
The original mount will work but your motor will be croked *sp. Use the Cable mount that HASport has and as far as being able to run the cable tranny you need a CRX pedal box, cable, and bamn you got a cable tranny. They engage much faster than hydro's

Milan

ive always wonderd about that, instead of getting that hydro to cable conversion, just put a cable clutch pedal and going from there. thats what i would do totally.

Teh cable trannies are cheaper and are more abundant as opposed to the hydro's (ITR's & SiR's). I used a cable in my oringinally equiped hydro and I didn't like it, actually it started to grind going into 5th, I broke 2 cables, and roughly three months later I swapped in a new motor along with a Si hydro tranny.

Milan

Im doing a similar swap rite now...u need to use the 94-95 gsr rear bracket but u can use the stock mounts. I had to go and by the bracket at the dealership which cost about 68 bucks. I still have other issues to take care of so if anyone is interested in knowing the issues and answers to them just email me.

ok this is what i got ....a place called jdmshit.com is makeing me a bracket for my swap the mount is $125 and its for a b16a1 trans in to a 94 del sol si ..and it is also for swapping from auto to standard which(which the frame mount isnt inthe same spot as a 5speed so it has to be custom) i am doing .So i guess all i need now is to find out what cable i need for the transmission somone said crx above any crx or b16 crx cable

Back