Mounts?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

The G2 Racer

What mounts do I need to put a B18B into an EG Civic. Pics of the actually mounts I need to use would be great so I don't get really confused.

Engine mounts/brackets are the same thing right?
There's a driver's side engine mount and a rear engine mount correct, also a passenger side? The mounts fit into the Civic brackets (on the body) right?
What about the 2 tranny mounts?

s404ccc4f09c70.jpg

not necessarily, but the general concensus is, the more of the stock mounts you retain, the stiffer the powertrain feels and the more power that is transferred to the wheels and not lost rocking the motor back and forth in it's mounts- for reference, i will be using all five mounts in my swap and i don't have a/c

yes, it is a dual purpose object. It holds the AC compressor on, and it holds conncets the lower front of the engine to the frame.

My advice is, use all the stock mounts you can. My car, even with them all (they are old original mounts) when I am driving at WOT or above 40% throttle (even over 100mph) and I let off the gas, I feel the motor shift for underload to not, and it sucks.

Back