Movies that Inspire you

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Like dveit said Requim For a Dream and damn straight dont ride the white pony. Traffic was a damn good movie too, some really good points are made in that movie.

Run Lola Run
What the Bleep do we know
Fight Club
Chronicles of Riddick (Yeah, ya believe that shit.. I loved that movie)
I am Sam (That movie fucks me up)

The one movie, believe it or not, that does inspire me is Good Will Hunting. Fucking love that movie. Just the one part where Robin Williams and Matt Damon are sitting on a bench in a park, and Robin just fucking cuts Matt into pieces...some of the best quote's came from that movie.

And Requiem for a dream......crazy!!!! Spun was shit compared to it.

The notebook.... :(

and how high...<---o yeah! I dunno i suck... :dunno:

Fight Club. The mentality behind that movie is almost exactly like how my mind works. Kinda scary to think of it like that, but that movie defines me pretty closely. :shrug2:

i cant believe i forgot american history x

thats better than boondock saints

good call nick

Originally posted by dveit@Aug 9 2005, 09:36 PM
boondock saints > american history x
[post=538194]Quoted post[/post]​

I was actually going to say both of those. Another of mine would have to be October Sky. I know it seems sappy, but man I love it. Also one of my favorites that has no time revelance but more along the lines of character growth and becoming something is Count of Monte Cristo. A fantastic movie IMO.

Originally posted by dveit@Aug 10 2005, 01:36 AM
boondock saints > american history x
[post=538194]Quoted post[/post]​

amazing movies.
and PCU was amazing.
"just one little binger, to brighten up your day."
"um, i didnt exhale?"
"can you blow me where the pampers is?"

Lemony Snickets Series of Unfortunate Events was a good movie
SUPER TROOPERS!!!!!!! that'll happen
PCU is one of my favs
Quills was a pretty good movie
Clerks/Mallrats/Chasing Amy/Dogma all good movies

Originally posted by adnoh@Aug 9 2005, 06:10 PM
The one movie, believe it or not, that does inspire me is Good Will Hunting.  Fucking love that movie.  Just the one part where Robin Williams and Matt Damon are sitting on a bench in a park, and Robin just fucking cuts Matt into pieces...some of the best quote's came from that movie.

And Requiem for a dream......crazy!!!!  Spun was shit compared to it.
[post=538052]Quoted post[/post]​

shit i was gonna put that, but i thought Rudy would be less gay since it involved fotball, but Good Will Hunting is a fucking awesome flick.......that part you speak of = THE BOMB

SEAN:Thought about what you said to me the other day, about my painting. Stayed up half the night thinking about it. Something occurred to me... fell into a deep peaceful sleep, and haven't thought about you since. Do you know what occurred to me?
Will: No.
Sean: You're just a kid, you don't have the faintest idea what you're talkin' about.
Will: Why thank you.
Sean: It's all right. You've never been out of Boston.
Will: Nope.
Sean: So if I asked you about art, you'd probably give me the skinny on every art book ever written. Michelangelo, you know a lot about him. Life's work, political aspirations, him and the pope, sexual orientations, the whole works, right? But I'll bet you can't tell me what it smells like in the Sistine Chapel. You've never actually stood there and looked up at that beautiful ceiling; seen that. If I ask you about women, you'd probably give me a syllabus about your personal favorites. You may have even been laid a few times. But you can't tell me what it feels like to wake up next to a woman and feel truly happy. You're a tough kid. And I'd ask you about war, you'd probably throw Shakespeare at me, right, "once more unto the breach dear friends." But you've never been near one. You've never held your best friend's head in your lap, watch him gasp his last breath looking to you for help. I'd ask you about love, you'd probably quote me a sonnet. But you've never looked at a woman and been totally vulnerable. Known someone that could level you with her eyes, feeling like God put an angel on earth just for you. Who could rescue you from the depths of hell. And you wouldn't know what it's like to be her angel, to have that love for her, be there forever, through anything, through cancer. And you wouldn't know about sleeping sitting up in the hospital room for two months, holding her hand, because the doctors could see in your eyes, that the terms "visiting hours" don't apply to you. You don't know about real loss, 'cause it only occurs when you've loved something more than you love yourself. And I doubt you've ever dared to love anybody that much. And look at you... I don't see an intelligent, confident man... I see a cocky, scared shitless kid. But you're a genius Will. No one denies that. No one could possibly understand the depths of you. But you presume to know everything about me because you saw a painting of mine, and you ripped my fucking life apart. You're an orphan right?
[Will nods]
Sean: You think I know the first thing about how hard your life has been, how you feel, who you are, because I read Oliver Twist? Does that encapsulate you? Personally... I don't give a shit about all that, because you know what, I can't learn anything from you, I can't read in some fuckin' book. Unless you want to talk about you, who you are. Then I'm fascinated. I'm in. But you don't want to do that do you sport? You're terrified of what you might say. Your move, chief.

O yeah this is the other great scene

Will:Why shouldn't I work for the N.S.A.? That's a tough one, but I'll give it a shot. Say I'm working at N.S.A. Somebody puts a code on my desk, something nobody else can break. So I take a shot at it and maybe I break it. And I'm real happy with myself, 'cause I did my job well. But maybe that code was the location of some rebel army in North Africa or the Middle East. Once they have that location, they bomb the village where the rebels were hiding and fifteen hundred people I never had a problem with get killed. Now the politicians are sayin', "Send in the marines to secure the area" 'cause they don't give a shit. It won't be their kid over there, gettin' shot. Just like it wasn't them when their number was called, 'cause they were pullin' a tour in the National Guard. It'll be some guy from Southie takin' shrapnel in the ass. And he comes home to find that the plant he used to work at got exported to the country he just got back from. And the guy who put the shrapnel in his ass got his old job, 'cause he'll work for fifteen cents a day and no bathroom breaks. Meanwhile my buddy from Southie realizes the only reason he was over there was so we could install a government that would sell us oil at a good price. And of course the oil companies used the skirmish to scare up oil prices so they could turn a quick buck. A cute little ancillary benefit for them but it ain't helping my buddy at two-fifty a gallon. And naturally they're takin' their sweet time bringin' the oil back, and maybe even took the liberty of hiring an alcoholic skipper who likes to drink martinis and play slalom with the icebergs, and it ain't too long 'til he hits one, spills the oil and kills all the sea life in the North Atlantic. So my buddy's out of work and he can't afford to drive, so he's got to walk to the job interviews, which sucks 'cause the shrapnel in his ass is givin' him chronic hemorrhoids. And meanwhile he's starvin' 'cause every time he tries to get a bite to eat the only blue plate special they're servin' is North Atlantic scrod with Quaker State. So what do I think? I'm holdin' out for somethin' better. Why not just shoot my buddy, take his job and give it to his sworn enemy, hike up gas prices, bomb a village, club a baby seal, hit the hash pipe and join the National Guard? I could be elected president.

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene@Aug 9 2005, 10:02 PM
Patch Adams.

Hands down, no contest.

Pay It Forward and American Beauty are also both excellent movies.
[post=538151]Quoted post[/post]​

Hated Pay it Forward... but you also hit the nail on the head with Patch Adams (Who was my doctor in 1982) and American Beauty. Lets ad to the list of intelligent greats:

Magnolia.
Fried Green Tomatoes
Chocolat
Amelie
Bringing out the Dead

Or how about some movies that show some age:

Smokey and the Bandit
Airplane!
Cannonball Run (Even 2 wasn't so bad)
DC.Cab
Raising Arizona
Caddyshack