Moving front calipers and discs out back

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jimboburgess

Go fast, Go Cheap
What would it take to replace rear discs with vented discs and 2 piston calipers from up front? is it a matter of replacing everything one for one, and then dealing with the master cylinder? Are there clearence issues? I have all the peices i think. rotors and calipers.

Originally posted by jimboburgess@Sep 5 2005, 10:39 PM
I'll just do it and see how it turns out.
[post=550008]Quoted post[/post]​

that's the spirit :thumbsup:

just make sure you find some REAALLY small front calipers like stock cx stuff for the rear and you'll most likely need to upgrade your fronts to compensate accordingly. Let us know if and how it works and what exactly is involved

I looked and it doesn't look like it will fit without making a bracket to fit the caliper, and then i would still loose my ebrake, yeah. so not worth it, it would be better to buy an after market kit, than to be cheap and use free oem stuff.

brake balance between the front and rear would also be really off... rears would probably lock up first, which can be quite dangerous if your wheels aren't pointing straight forward..

not necessarily if you used a small enough front setup for the rear like eg cx stuff and then run equivalently larger fronts and an appropriate mc/prop valve or an adjustable prop valve to compensate for the difference

then again, there's really no need to have vented discs in the rear anyways since they should never be carrying a significant enough amount of the overall load to cause heat problems (ie- warping rotors, caliper damage, etc). I think it would be kinda cool just to do and just to be different, but ... ??

Back