moving shift lever

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

1996EK

Ok, i have a 96 ek civic and was wondering if anyone has experimented with repositioning the shift lever into a rally car position (like in the 2002 si) my thauts were the cable linkage off a prelude or accord (of cours it will require som modification) not shure if the cables could duplicate the rotating movement of the already existing shift linkage.... just throwing that out there

What's the point of doing something like that...? And why did you feel the need to create two threads?

don't you think if it was more efficient to have a shifter on the dash of a 1996 civic, honda would have put it there?

Besides putting it on the dash of a 97 ek would look stupid. I don't know why Honda felt the need to put the shifter on the dash of the EP, for that reason alone I'll never own one. I think it would be really awkward to manipulate.

Just go ahead and try it since you seem to have an idea of how it might work. Let us know how it goes...

my bad on posting twice.... new to the forum. I agree it would look stupid if i had a dash.... but the car is striped with a 8 point cage in it. The purpose of something like that would be to cut down on the time your hand is off the wheel (when you are driving hard you want two on the wheel) and as far as ''efficiency'' is concerned getting the same amount of work done with less movement is more efficient. Im going to give it a try and i keep on posting.... thanks for all the encouragement.

Back