MP3 /CD changer for 03/04 Accord with Navi

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

boe

I was wondering if this Alpine trunk unit could be controlled by the 03 Accord (with Navigation) stereo/steering controls and would allow MP3 playback -
http://ecominet2.alpine-usa.com/pls/admn/i...ain=10&p_more=y

I have a friend who wants to get an MP3 player (not an IPOD thingy but an installed CD unit). The 03/04 MP3 player is a single disc unit that goes in the dash for $550 + install! If a trunk unit could be installed that works with the steering controls and head unit it would be a much better option. I don't know what type of connector the Alpine uses or the Honda uses. (smart bus, pins, etc) I'm not sure if Alpine or Pioneer make one that can work with the Accord.

Does anyone know if the Accord has an AI-Net or mini bus connector?

My current car is an Acura TL w/ controls on steering that work my Alpine changer in my trunk. It was much cheaper to buy the new Alpine with an adapter than the Acura changer from the dealership.

I just spoke with Blitsafe and they may have a converter in about 3 months in case anyone is wondering. They have one for the previous models but not the newer ones. There may be other converter companies out there but I don't know who they are.

Back