Mp3 Players

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tab

Super Moderator
Whatcha got? List pros and cons.

I like mine overall, but it freezes up time to time, and requires a reset. There's a pinhole reset button on the side which you can't even push with a writing pen or pencil tip. You need a small object like a paperclip, which I don't usually carry at the gym.
I like the storage, the program, and the options. The size and layout are pretty good too. The Dock I have kicks ass.

I hate the fact that it freezes up on a weekly basis, when I don't have access to a needle or pin tip.

ipod nano; 4gig.

Pros: Mad Small, Good Sound Quality, color screen, album art, Higher Pimp Factor than other MP3 Players.

Cons: iTunes sux balls.

SanDisk Sansa 1G.

Pros
-Small
-Lightweight
-Simple to use
-Built in microphone
-Voice Recording feature, it actally records really clearly and crisp, my voicemail from the other thread was actually recorded with it, since it was the quickest and easiest way

Cons
-Eats batteries
-Not nearly enough space for me
-Inexpensive
-No wireless delete function (you need a PC to delete things)

Quoted post[/post]]
Whatcha got? List pros and cons.

I like mine overall, but it freezes up time to time, and requires a reset. There's a pinhole reset button on the side which you can't even push with a writing pen or pencil tip. You need a small object like a paperclip, which I don't usually carry at the gym.
I like the storage, the program, and the options. The size and layout are pretty good too. The Dock I have kicks ass.

I hate the fact that it freezes up on a weekly basis, when I don't have access to a needle or pin tip.
I have a dell dj20 (2nd gen) and a 4th gen 20 gig ipod.

my dell freezes all the time also I hated that so I got the ipod, have you tried to download the updates of dells website? i heard that the new updates is suppose to stop the freezing but idk for sure I havent tried it yet.
and the reset button sucks can never find a pin when you need it.

I have a rio cali.

Pros: It gets the job done. I paid like 35 bucks for it. It holds 50 songs if at 128mb and I don't put in an sd card.
Cons: The batteries die real fast. 4 hours tops.

Rio Carbon. 5gb.

Pros:
1) Great battery life, 20+ hours, just as advertised.
2) Cheap. I paid 140 shipped.
3) Plenty of storage for my needs.
4) Good sound quality.
5) Has a voice recorder, and the microphone works well.
6) Small, cool lighting on it for use in the dark.
7) uses a standard mini usb jack for charging/synching. You can pick up a $7 blackberry charger for use in the car if you need one, so no need for any special adapters or whatnot. Makes life easy.
8) USB 2.0 speeds. which is nice.
9) Doubles as a 5gb usb drive if you don't mind carrying the cord in your backpack.

Cons.
1)The little scroll wheel doubles as a button, which is a cool idea, but the mechanism is fragile. Drop it once and call it done. But...super glue is your savior if you want to pop off the case and fix it yourself as I have done. It hasn't broke since.
2)No on-the-fly playlists/queing of tracks, at least on the version of firmware I have on the player. Rio might have listened to the pleas of carbon users around the world and added it in more current firmware, but I haven't taken the time to check for updates, as it isn't terribly bad for me. Selecting a new album to play after one is finished is pretty painless.
3)Chrome/Polished backplate gets really grubby, similar to ipod backings. I don't really care too much.
4) The player doesn't have a real accurate clock, and it likes to reset it's clock if the battery gets too low.
5) The phonejack isn't grounded very well, and for some headphones, you get static noise. Just buy some plugs that are insulated around the jack, so that the jack doesn't ground out on the player.

Other than those things, It's an awesome player. I've been using it for about a year now, with no complaints, and there is no noticeable battery life loss. It's cheaper than an ipod nano, not as bling, but it gets the job done. The battery life is amazing. I've been in the lab, and listened to the player using my Koss ar-20 studio sized headphones for 20 solid music playing hours before having to put it on the charger. Great player for the money.

I still like my old minidisc player, for a lower storage mp3 its great. Each disc holds a cd worth of data, and a five pack costs about $10. A memory chip of that storage is probably $40-$50 range I'm guessing. Runs off of 1 AA battery and that lasts me about 2 weeks using it constantly in the car. It never skips even for a disc type of unit, and is still small enough to put in my pocket. Discs never get scratched, unlike a cd, because they are in a plastic cartridge. Some of them even have sound recorders built in and such. The only con I have with it is that the software bundled with it sucks, and its slow! The new version you can download is ok.

Creative Zen Touch 20GB , I love the thing, I really have nothing negative to say about it.

Apple iPod 20gb, gen before the video.

pros.

easy and simple layout
plenty of space for me
the fact that alot of cars now have a factory hookup option
looks better than any other mp3 player (imho)
connects to my alpine deck and can control the ipod from the deck

cons.

cant delete from ipod directly
doenst recognize duplicate songs
scratches easily
wish i had the video w/color screen. oh well.

creativezen jukebox, 4gb i think.
its old as shit... it was one of the first players out, well before the iPoop even hit the market.

use it everyday at work, at least 6 hours a day.

never had a problem with it ever.

pros:
direct windows explorer file transfers via copy/paste OR with their software if you wish.
nice leather carrying case came with it
half the price of an ipod, even 3.5 years ago when i bought it.
headphones actually sound damn good
eq controls
shuffle, playslists, lybrarys, etc
search feature
external ports for attachments
nice illumniated indiglo screen

cons:
small hdd.... but it was hard to get bigger than 4gb when i bought this unless you wanted to spend $$$$.
menu system is a little wierd, but once you get used to it, its real easy.

Back