mpfi post swap issues.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

which way it is just put the crank on the single mark. and then put the cam up and level with the head

Well it starts up alot easier. Marks are still in the same spot while hitting it with the light so I dunno whats up with that. Im gonna put the wheel back on and take it down the road.

where are you setting the timing gun if I can remember it should be 16 or 36 degrees before top dead center. and that will put you on the middle of the three marks.

where are you setting the timing gun if I can remember it should be 16 or 36 degrees before top dead center. and that will put you on the middle of the three marks.

with the timing gun at 0 degrees the 3 marks are at almost 3 o clock. I cant even see the tdc mark its so far to the right. If your looking over the left side fender.

Yea that doesnt make that much of a difference. i will get a camera and post some picks tomorrow. Thx again.

Well redid the wiring and she is running pretty good. I can't explain exactly what it was, it has the code 9 again. Since the wires were crossed at one point it probably burnt up the cyl sensor. Thanks for everyone's help. I now have other issues like front end vibration, also 2nd & 4th gear are whinning when engaged! I just put a new clutch release bearing in and it makes alittle noise still. Nothing I cant live with till my SI swap is finished.

about to wire my mpfi swap...

Noob to the forum; glad I saw this post regarding the fuel injector wiring... so the write-ups on this site are incorrect? Any chance of re-iterating a correct procedure for me? which terminals on the PM6 ecu do I run the 4 wires out of to go out to the injectors? is the write-up correct about the yel/black dx injector wire going to the resistor box? Thanks for the help

i will have to find the link for the wiring. but yeah the black or red wires go to the resistor. its easier to have a chiltons book to look at

Back