MPFI Swap gone wrong

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

NexGen91

Ok I did the mpfi swap triple checked all wiring and im still not getting any spark or any fuel to my injectors. please someone help me, what is wrong? the people at the honda service dept. tells me swap is impossable. btw i have a 91 dx hatch. im absolutly sure i hooked everything up right. only had one plug (black/yellow and orange wires) left over, which im told was correct. please someone give me some advice. the black and yellow wire on the dizzy (hf) has + battery voltage going to it, the blue wire has no voltage going to it at all neither + or - All injector wires, (brown, red, blue, and yellow) along with the resistor wires (red/black) all show a neg output. The fuel filter is ok, and the fuel pump comes on. Im guessing the main relay is working. How do I check the crank sensor for pulse or signal? Its wires are showing a neg output when key is on. What ignition wires do I check, and how? thanks

matt

hmmm. dumb question but are you using the right ecu?
i think you better go for a 4th check.. and go to autozone.com
repair section and print up the wiring diagrams for the MPFI system, and then trace every wire you fucked with from the ecu to the motor...
that should solve it...

dx-to-sib.gif

ok ill try changing those wires, could that cause nothing to happen? im sure i have the right ecu, came out of a 90 Si, its a PM6. Agian checked all wires, everything is ok. Oh btw someeone turned on my key while i was in the middle of the sawp, could this have messed anything up? ecu was out. thanks
matt

Back