MPFI Swap Problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

91 Hatch DX. Swapped in the MPFI mani. Followed these directions to the Thttps://hondaswap.com/swap-articles/dpfi-mpfi-writeup-49557/ now the damn car wont start. The next question I have is will the D16A9 DOHC engine and cabin harness work on a d15B2 SOHC? My wiring harness's are so cut up right now it looks like shit. Any help woulde be very much appreciated. Thanks

TRU

the best thing to do is swap the whole engine harness and the under dash harness from an Si crx/hatch.. dont use the EX it will work but since its electric u'll have trouble matching the plugs at the fuse box thats what im dealing with right now lol.. it may take u longer but its worth it and it would look OEM

Yea I figured out that wish someone could have told me that a week ago I have re-wired the entire damn car headlights to tail lights 4 different times and still run into plugs not matching up. Im going down to get a different harness for the motor sometime this week I already have the cabin harness of the car now I can make it match (damn junkyards)

TRU

good luck..
and dont feel bad it took me months to figure it out lol
and i still havent got it running hopefully this weekend..
but yeah let me know how it goes

This is what you should have for MPFI conversion DOHC ZC has 5 wire square plug and 2 wires running to (CPS) sensor.
Mpfiharnessconversion.jpg

This is what my MPFI harness conversions look like.

I've dealt with monotech harnesses before, they make good quality stuff.

Back