MPFI swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

blackcom

hi guys, im from singapore n new to this forum.. :D
can any of the pro here enlighten mi with this MPFI swap???
-Current engine D15B2 (DPFI) :(
-Can i use the Z6 intake manifold for MPFI swap???
-Can i use the Z6 injector,ECU and distributor OR use all from the Si??? :huh:
-Dose changing the Si cam help alot in low end??

Let mi get this swap done and will swap a Z6 head in future kekekek... :lol:
hope u guys can help mi out here
thks a million... :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

well if you use the z6 manifold, you are still going to have to use the si ecu, cause the p28 will not plug into the your existing harness. the easiest way of doing this to use the si distributor, manifold, ecu, and you are going to have to use the distributor plug off of the si harness cause the plugs are different from the one you have. it is alot easier, i just did the swap myself, not to long ago. oh and if you put the si cam in it does make a difference and also if you put an adjustable cam gear on it and advance it 4 degrees , and you can feel the difference in the acceleration, and from what i heard it will pull harder then the si.

hi dragon..

so u did the swap and how ist more power on yur ride??
u mean i still need a engine harness from a Si or just the dissy with the plug?
i got another option is to swap the whole Z6 head in with the P28 ECU but do i have to change the full Z6 harness,izt easier to do so??
hear by swaping Z6 head into D15B2 block give a 10:6.1 compression.
So can i run the vtec with the P28 ECU?

Hard to find a cam gear in my location :angry:

it's pretty good i can feel more power. you just need the dizzy with the plug. you can use the z6 head on the d15b2 but instead of using the z6 harness i would recommend using the the si harness with an external vtec controller by msd, it is way easier. well hear is a site you can use, the info is for the z6 motor swap but you can use the wiring part of it:

http://www.geocities.com/bing_bong916/vtec.html

get a OBD0->OBD1 conversion harness and use the P28, you will need to do MPFI and add the vtec wires, and then use everything off the Z6...

jdmshit.com has the harness...
someone on here sells them also...

hi dragon2003,
r u the one selling the PM6 ECU in ebay??im the 1 asking u question from singapore :lol:
hmmm..now i trying to get all the parts for the swap but now i onli have the Z6 head and the manifold.
tink i will convert to MPFI with the Z6 manifold den Z6 head later..kekek :p
But if i swap the Z6 head using PM6 ECU and external switch to run the vtec, will it damage the engine when theres not enough petrol going in when vtec kicks in due to the PM6 fuel mapping? confuse??? :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: and which best rpm point to set to using PM6 ECU for the vtec to kick in???

WTB- adjustable cam gear,PM6 ECU,resisitor box...
Anyone have the above for cheap sale and able to send to Singapore plz let mi noe.. :D
alvinz77@yahoo.com.sg
Best with total shipping cost..

Can't wait to do the swap... :p :p :p

sorry but no i am not the one selling the pm6 ecu. and if you look through that site i gave you, you will find other links for the external vtec controller and also how it will work. good luck

well i am using the pm6, and it is pretty good. the pm7 i don't know what vehicle it came out of?

hi dragon2003,
PM7 from the EF9 DOHC.
can it be used for MPFI swap??
how to tell wherthe izt a manual or auto for Both PM6 n PM7???

well pretty much all si's are 5-speed, so the pm6 is for the use with a 5-speed tranny. but the pm7, i don't know how to tell if it is for an auto or manual. but i would recommend using the pm6, cause if you use the pm7 ecu which the redline is set more higher, then it is possible that you could blow your motor.

Back