MPG and modification.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

the easiest way to get good gas mileage is to put a small 2x4 under your gas pedal ;)

LOL that always works. Anyway, if u did a full motor swap just keep ur stock tranny and u will still get good mpg. shorter geared trannies usually make for less mpg. that's one of the keys in the HF motor, LONG gears for good mpg.

3"-4" Intake tube with a high flow air filter such as K&N. Super light wheels, skinny hard compound tires inflated to the max allowed pressure. That header for sure. High flow cat, exhaust shop 1.75-2" exhaust, high flow muffler. Lose all the weight from the car that you can. If you want to go crazy with it, snag a hondata and tune it a little on the lean side.

ok ok i have a d13b on a EF SIR maybe the ef its too heavy for the engine or not? soo i will get best mpg on a vtec or on my d13b ?

I had no idea there was a DOHC D series?

yeah the ZC is a jdm dohc D series. its rated at around 130hp, nonvtec. i think it was in the jdm crx SI or in a teggy near the same year? i could be wrong, but i remember reading that somewhere here on hondaswap.

OK OK I'M Here i should keep my d13b or change to d15b vtec or d16 vtec .
witch one will give me more MPG on the EF.

The increased power will move the car with more ease plus its newer so yes your MPG should go up good sir. Shit dude do you work for green peace or something, maybe you need a hybrid.

OK OK I'M Here i should keep my d13b or change to d15b vtec or d16 vtec .
witch one will give me more MPG on the EF.

hmmm... i've never heard of a d13b, is it a 1.3? neither the d15b jdm vtec or the d16z6/y8 will "give" u more mpg, if u want to mod your car for more hp AND more mpg, then those engines would be good. if u are wanting more mpg and don't care about hp BUT still want a motor that sounds nice, just get crx HF motor and tranny, put a intake and that skunk2 header u have on that. that way, u get 50+ mpg and still sound like it's fast...actually adding a intake will net u maybe 2 more mpg, so it is actually worth the $30 on ebay. remember kakaroto_ss4, a intake is just a metal pipe with a filter on the end.

The increased power will move the car with more ease plus its newer so yes your MPG should go up good sir. Shit dude do you work for green peace or something, maybe you need a hybrid.

yeah but if he gets a hybrid, make sure its the Honda one!!

hmmm... i've never heard of a d13b, is it a 1.3? neither the d15b jdm vtec or the d16z6/y8 will "give" u more mpg, if u want to mod your car for more hp AND more mpg, then those engines would be good. if u are wanting more mpg and don't care about hp BUT still want a motor that sounds nice, just get crx HF motor and tranny, put a intake and that skunk2 header u have on that. that way, u get 50+ mpg and still sound like it's fast...actually adding a intake will net u maybe 2 more mpg, so it is actually worth the $30 on ebay. remember kakaroto_ss4, a intake is just a metal pipe with a filter on the end.

CRX HF Engine name please?
ahh and d13b its from the honda logo 2000.

I know you haven't been here long, but ya, we have everything on HS

https://hondaswap.com/reference-materials/honda-engine-list-29128/

edit: lame, no d13 listed...hmm not everything... gotta fix that.

Research research. Well im off to work :(.

D15B6 is the engine code for the crx HF, idk about the tranny code. search on here under "engine code" and it should give u a lilst of what motor and tranny out of every honda made

CRX 91 or 90 EFI?

Oh I meant that in a good way. Your a helpful informative newbie :thumbsup:

well thanks, i appreciate the comment. i've been into the car scene for almost 5 years. i had a 98 mitsu eclipse with the 420a motor that had everything bolt on but a turbo, which i had the money to order it and get it tuned, but i was hit by two out of town drunk ladies in a van that had no insurance and it was totaled, and the cops said it was my fault! luckily i didn't buy the turbo kit yet. well i went through a few trucks then finally got back into the cars again with a 2003 VW jetta 1.8t, it had about 210whp and was a mid to low 14 sec car, but i ended up trading it in for a SUV my wife had been wanting for a while. so here i am with a civic, which i originally wanted when i bought the eclipse!

Last edited:
Back