Mpg help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

slayer1927

Well my 89 honda since I bought it only get 24 mpg . I think I should get better I shift right and I do oil change normal . The only thing I can think is to change my plugs and wires.

d15b2 motor 300k on motor runs good

If there is anything I can do to improve gas mileage let me know I have a short ram cold intake

What kind of driving are you doing? City/ HWY stop and go, etc It never hurts to change the plugs and wires, and I would do the distributor cap and rotor. How good of shape is the engine in? 300k on it could have something to do with it.

24 is pretty low, even for a combined rating.

plugs/wires are cheap and easy.
cap/rotor might also be a good thing to look into.

How's the exhaust? a cat with 300k on it may simply just be clogged and needs to be replaced.
intake/filter clean?

I have no cat just straight and muffler . The wires and plugs I am going to change this week and set the gap right the gap is off. Also I do city and highway really but not alot . The rotor and cap look to be in really good shape . I have another one I will change it out and see.

24mpg is to low. i have a d16y8 with 305,000miles on it in my 90 hatch, and I beat the piss out of it when i drive it most of the time, but i always get atleast 30mpg. Your econo motor should get more than that.

Yah I think it is the wires I am going to try that does anyone know the gap my car does not have the sticker anymore

Back