1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MPs cracking down on Drifting in Oki

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by YangpaNemsay, Dec 23, 2004.

1. YangpaNemsay

YangpaNemsay Senior Member

Leave it to the Americans to ruin things over in Japan

http://www.estripes.com/article.asp?sectio...46&archive=true

Good thing I'm not planning to be stationed in Okinawa anytime soon.

A few quotes from the article from a Master Sergeant:

^ I thought that quote was kinda Bullshit because I hear that the Street Drifters over there flash their high beams to warn oncoming drifters of any accidents or spinouts from the drifters that had went through the corner prior.

I also heard that the Police over in Japan are more leniant on Drifters than they are on Street Drag Racers.

^ Damnit! You guys ruined it all!!!!

There are a bunch of other quotes I wanted to post, but i'll let you guys check out the article.

Cliff Notes:
    1. Military Police over in Okinawa are impounding vehicles of US servicemen caught on hidden video during late-night Street Drifting.
    2. Military Police blowing it up to crazy proportions and are totally overreacting IMO

2. YangpaNemsay

LOL! :lol:

3. 94RedSiGal

94RedSiGal Senior Member

Oh well. 1. They shouldn't have been making false insurance claims. 2. And drifting should be kept on the tracks and not on public streets. If an American had hurt any of the locals while drifting, all hell would have broken loose. Aren't tensions high between the two groups anyway because of some past reported rape incidents?

4. YangpaNemsay

5. 94RedSiGal

94RedSiGal Senior Member

Yes. The Japanese locals HATE having that military base there, probably it's more of the older population than the younger people. Also years ago, a serviceman was accused of raping a local girl. So anyway, the military police are very diligent in trying to keep the order and peace.

6. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

Oh no, they are trying to cut down on accidents caused by idiots who can't drive, or exceed their capabilities, and the collateralle cost to all of us, by GASP!!! cracking down on drifting?!??!?! The bastards.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted