Mr. Gasket Stackable Mls Head Gasket

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

flyinghigher

Does anybody know if you use Mr. Gasket Stackable MLS Head Gasket how much you can lower the compression. I have changed out the pistons on my d16z and now I am running 11:1. I need to lower the compression so I can run 93 octane fuel with out having to dump in octane booster. I have already pulled the timing back with an adjustable cam gear but the car is still knocking on 93 octane. Car is a daily driver so I can't afford to keep putting in octane booster.

what is your ignition timing set at?? you must have terrible tuning.. i've seen 12.5:1 run on 93 w/out octane booster.

How can you run 12.5:1 on 93 octane? What kind of tunning do you suggest? I have the timing pulled back about 7 degrees on the adjustable cam gear. Also I don't think my D16Z has any kind of Knock sensor.

wtf are you doing adjusting timing with a cam gear?

retard your IGNITION TIMING...

:wtf:
im running 11.1:1 CR on 93 with no problems at all
your problem is not the compression
look elsewhere

Got the timing back to stock and adjustable cam gear is almost plus 1*. When first started the engine and it was running rich and I fast idol to warm up it drove around with no knocks as soon as it warmed up it will knock as soon as I put more than quarter throttle. I am thinking it could be a combination of a fuel delivery problem (bad injectors), worn O2 sensor and what everelse someone can think of.

shit, sounds like a bad tank of gas, or you have been huffin on the fumes, it should be able to take that no problem. Yeah please don't adjust that cam gear anymore :blink:

Milan

Back