1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mr. Gasket Stackable Mls Head Gasket

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by flyinghigher, Apr 22, 2003.

1. flyinghigher

flyinghigher Junior Member

Does anybody know if you use Mr. Gasket Stackable MLS Head Gasket how much you can lower the compression. I have changed out the pistons on my d16z and now I am running 11:1. I need to lower the compression so I can run 93 octane fuel with out having to dump in octane booster. I have already pulled the timing back with an adjustable cam gear but the car is still knocking on 93 octane. Car is a daily driver so I can't afford to keep putting in octane booster.

2. pills_PMD

pills_PMD Super Moderator

what is your ignition timing set at?? you must have terrible tuning.. i've seen 12.5:1 run on 93 w/out octane booster.

3. flyinghigher

How can you run 12.5:1 on 93 octane? What kind of tunning do you suggest? I have the timing pulled back about 7 degrees on the adjustable cam gear. Also I don't think my D16Z has any kind of Knock sensor.

4. Roro

Roro Member

wtf are you doing adjusting timing with a cam gear?

retard your IGNITION TIMING...

5. flyinghigher

Ingnition timing is retarded all the way back. Any good suggestions on electronic improvements I could make.

6. pills_PMD

pills_PMD Super Moderator

use a timing light to set your ignition timing to stock specs (16* i think) .. put your cam gear at +1

7. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

:wtf:
    im running 11.1:1 CR on 93 with no problems at all
    your problem is not the compression
    look elsewhere

8. flyinghigher

Got the timing back to stock and adjustable cam gear is almost plus 1*. When first started the engine and it was running rich and I fast idol to warm up it drove around with no knocks as soon as it warmed up it will knock as soon as I put more than quarter throttle. I am thinking it could be a combination of a fuel delivery problem (bad injectors), worn O2 sensor and what everelse someone can think of.

9. JDMilan

JDMilan Senior Member

shit, sounds like a bad tank of gas, or you have been huffin on the fumes, it should be able to take that no problem. Yeah please don't adjust that cam gear anymore :blink:

Milan

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted