Mr

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reithi

Hi,

I recently purchased a 2000 Civic (EK4) with a B16A engine. I am not a car genius by any standards, but need help. The problems are that the fuel/air mixture ratio seems too rich and the car lacks power (feels like there is no combustion in the piston chambers) after driving continously for about an hour. Any ideas out there?

It could be any one of a number of things. Have you looked at the plugs yet? Any trouble codes?

Thanks for your reply.

I looped the ECU and did not get any trouble codes at all. I have checked the plugs (Model NGK BKR6E-II) and they are firing OK. However, are these the recommended plugs? If no, any ideas on the recommended ones for the B16A?

On the same note, I have a manual transmission (I assume hydraulic) in this car. In the morning or having parked the car for long periods, the gear shift is stiff, making it difficult to engage gears. After the engine runs for a while, it softens up to normal. Any ideas?

Thanks

Back