MSD 6AL needed or not?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Tein

So much with a little D
I am almost on the final stage on my D16Y8 Turbo and I have a MSD6AL ignition, coil and cables but before I installed the I want to make sure if I really
need this for a turbo and a 75 shot of nitrous build or if I can just put back on the OEM cap and rotor and cables without the MSD ignition system?...

its completely up to you...i would put it on but thats me..i know my boy has a high compression type-r and it runs sooo much better with the msd setup than on stock

I can't say for sure about Honda's because I'm new to that arena. But typically a CD ignition box usually is a good investment on FI motors. Also, usually a waste of money on NA motors.

completely worthless IMO if you're not planning to rev to 10krpms.

I can't say for sure about Honda's because I'm new to that arena. But typically a CD ignition box usually is a good investment on FI motors. Also, usually a waste of money on NA motors.
bullshit!!!
my friend has an all motor type-r in an ef hatch and there is a world of differance between stock ignition and the msd setup...
if your going msd do the whole setup
msd power tower for the dizzy,external coil,6a or 6al box and wires..rlly only needed for built motors

i will put it on again, this will help also with the detonation...

I haven't searched much for turbo'ing this set-up what did you do?; piece it together or buy a whole kit?. Also, did you build your y8 up performance wise?.

Back