1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

msd blaster ss coil

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by 97hatch, Feb 23, 2004.

1. 97hatch

97hatch ?

im going to get a msd digital 6 in a motnt or two. i was just wondering if it would be allright to run a msd blaster ss coil off the stock ignition till i do the msd box by the wat it is on a 97 ex with a p28 this is the coil www.msdignition.com/coil_blaster_6.htm

2. lude68

lude68 Senior Member

to be completely honest...dont get it...dont waste your money..stick w/ stock components unless you are planning on makin sick power..use the money for a swap :p (or just turbo your sohc :spin: ) but thats just my .02 talkin

3. CRX-YEM

CRX-YEM Super Moderator Moderator VIP

there should not be any problem running the cc coil off the stock ignition.

4. driverunknown

driverunknown Senior Member

I used a Ballast Resistor when I put in my outer ignition coil just to be safe. I have stock ignition. I never ran it without it so I don't know how it would do. The resistor can be had for about $9.00 at summit.

5. 97hatch

97hatch ?

ok im geting a digital 6 ignition so that i can spray more since it has a rpm retard function. i know that the stock honda ignition is good till about 500hp but i want the features like 2 step rev controll for off the line and also move it down a 100 below the stock so that way if i bang the rev limiter while giving it n20 i dont have to wory as much since it wont run lean but rich..

6. cycloneb18c3

cycloneb18c3 Senior Member

i run the blaster ss coil on a 91 integra off a stock ignition. it runs perfect. actually runs alot smoother than before

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted