MSD COIL, WHICH IS BEST?????

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlb1127

Banned
Im about to purchase a Whole MSD setup w/ 2 Step and i would like to know which Coil is best. I know the Blaster SS Coil is better than 2 and 3 But i saw an "HVC" Coil and was wondering which is better, The SS or the HVC. Any Constructive Comments will be greatly Appreciated. THANKS ALOT.

what do you have on your car that requires such an extensive ignition system ??
the stock honda coil is good to like 300hp with the right spark plugs.

I only have a blaster ss coil, and the msd cap, and I noticed my car ran a lot smoother. so it must of done something. plus that they are cheaper to install than a stock unit.
I think a blaster ss should be fine for any civic. steph papadakis ran them on his drag car(nsx v6 twin turboed, that runs 6.77@204, so ur civic with 300 hp should be ok on the same coil)
Im getting a MSD SCI-L ignition with a 3 step rpm limiter. 1 limit for burn out, 1 for launch, one for top end.
only reason I want the 3 step is because when I do a burn out, I dont really like it bouncing off the rpm limiter at 8500, and even worse now I have no RPM limit in my ecu, so If a burnout gets too high rpm with out me really paying attention, say by by to b16.

For right now I have all the basic addons, Headers, Intake, skunk2 Manifold, Bigger Throttle Body, Lightened Pulley, etc. Within the next week i will be adding a Fuel rail, Fuel Regulator, and the MSD setup. After I am done with all the external addons, I will be Building the rest of the motor.
And yes the "stock honda coil is good to 300 hp with the right spark plugs, But i dont know if im gonna be reaching 300hp anytime soon, So ill just get the MSD now and reak the benefits now. Its not like its not gonna do anything for me right now anyway, Im getting 2 step with it also, So That will be great for Launches when im smokin people off the line. Its a CRX-LS by the way.

the thing is... you stock coil is just fine for that power level. upgrading is not worth it, there are no benefits to "reak".

The Thing is......Fuck the stock coil, MSD=MultipleSparkDischarge. MSD betters spark by 300% and it also helps the idle better, PLUS im getting 2 Step, For Better Launching. If anyone thinks that MSD wont help one bit and the stock coil is just as good, Your dumb then because then you dont know much about MSD. Also, Like i said before, I am going to be FULLY BUILDING my whole motor, Therefore the benefits of MSD will be even Greater when i do that. Cmon now people, Its not rocket science.

you're a moron.

but hey, waste yoru money.

stock honda ignition is good for 400+ whp.

Originally posted by tlb1127@May 25 2004, 04:23 PM
The Thing is......Fuck the stock coil, MSD=MultipleSparkDischarge. MSD betters spark by 300% and it also helps the idle better, PLUS im getting 2 Step, For Better Launching. If anyone thinks that MSD wont help one bit and the stock coil is just as good, Your dumb then because then you dont know much about MSD. Also, Like i said before, I am going to be FULLY BUILDING my whole motor, Therefore the benefits of MSD will be even Greater when i do that. Cmon now people, Its not rocket science.

please dont try to mock me. we are trying to give you advice. you are wasting your money unless you are running really high hp. but hey, i'm no "rocket scientist". 300% increase spark bla bla bla... you sound like a fucking MSD marketing rep.

the SS coil is a good coil, it is better than the stock coil. but for lower hp numbers, it is not needed and it doesn't help. there will be a point when you are running so much boost that the stock coil can't supply enough juice to ignite the charge, when that happens, you need to upgrade untill then... you are wasting your money.

So you guys are saying that a FULLY BUILT motor wont have any benefits from MSD????
Also, You are all idiots, Please take a look at the original question I asked. I never asked for your guys' opinions on what MSD will do for me, All I asked was which coil is better, HVC or SS coil? And then you all continued to babble on about how i am wasting my money, etc. So if anyone has the answer to my original question, Please let me know. If not then shutup, Cause all I hear is Crying out of you guys. Ndogg, I mocked you cause you mocked me first, So shut yer crying mouth and go read a book or something. Every post I ever make on this site turns into a big fuckin World conflict, and eventually gets locked by those loser moderators that have nothing better to do all day then sit there and beat there dicks and have a couple Bon-Bons. I think whoever is running this site should turn this into a DSM website, So then they can listen to how people fuck their eclipses up all day and try to solve there problems, Because Hondas are obviously to complicated for them.

P.S. Pissedoffsol, Your gay and your a fuckin moron.

Originally posted by tlb1127@May 26 2004, 11:55 AM
P.S. Pissedoffsol, Your gay and your a fuckin moron.

Wow, he is running this site.

can we say... :pissedoffban: :nobreed:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back