MSD Ignition Problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Yurik

well guys, i purchased a blaster 2 coil, msd cap, rotor, and obviously the coil wire, we followed the instructions installing it and found out that the car had to turn over for an access of 10 seconds, sometimes we would have to let the motor turn over for 10 seconds 3 or 4 times before it would fire up, once it got started it would run fine, then found that the honda coil is the reverse of what the directions say, so we reversed the wires on the coil and the car fired right up about 10 times, we let it sit for about 5 minutes, and then it had the same problem again, it also sets lazer off on my radar detector (which may be normal, i dont know), and when i place my hand on the distributor cap it shocks me, which is most definently a bad thing, the only thing we did not do was remove the dust cover for the new rotor...

this is on a b16a1 motor if that helps at all, in a crx

could this be the problem?

if not what in the world is wrong, because i am puzzled?

thanks guys

Last edited:
ill be removing the dust cover tomorrow to see if thats the problem, ill let you guys know, if you have any info please let me know, thanks

Put the stock Honda coil back in. Problem solved.

why would you want to do that, because using stock ignition from honda makes more power and i dream of the day when i get 300 dollars for a stock distributor so i can get rid of my msd.

make sure you put your stock cap back on because the msd cap with the stock coil will screw things up.

ya im putting all stock back on, i jus couldnt c the internal stock coil being weaker then the msd, but hey i guess msd isnt as great as people say lol

Back