1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Msd Ignition

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by SolPWR, Jun 14, 2003.

1. SolPWR

SolPWR Senior Member

I was wondering if anyone else has the MSD ignition in their car. I just got mine in and I can feel a difference! My friend tells me that too, when he was in the car he was like shit man I need one of these. I just put in the SCI, mod cap, blaster, bosch plat 4, and MSD wires. Most people say it was a waste of money but if I can feel it then it is $$$ well spent :D

2. chevy302dz

chevy302dz Senior Member

If you're feeling a difference and you have a moderatly bulit engine or less then your ign system worn out and needed replacing. MSD unit's aren't a bad thing however they are not needed unless you have a serious motor

3. B16RacerN2NR

B16RacerN2NR Working Hard VIP

:werd:
    not to bust your bubble or anything either, but it was probably all psychological cuz you were expecting and/or wanting to feel a difference

4. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

unless your spark is not enough (doubtful) its a waste of cash

5. no2psi

no2psi Senior Member

I personally have one on my street car, and one on the race car. Both for the sole purpose of a 2 step.
    I am 99% sure it does'nt make any power. But nailing a 2 step on someone a stoplight that wants to race you, is freaking funny. SOOOO loud that they can't concentrate. B)

6. 2fastCRX

2fastCRX Senior Member

I was thinking about getting an MSD, but after reading your comments, I am not so sure anymore.

7. Gen2Teg

Gen2Teg Senior Member

yea i don't really think it gave you a big ass boost in horsepower, chevy302dz is probably right, you just needed to change your distributor cap and all the rest of your ignition parts.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted