MSD Ingition

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

acurabdby

Hey guys, I have a question that maybe some of you also may have. I know that MSD ignition is on alot of tuned cars, but I ask myself and you all as well: What is the real advantage to having the whole MSD ignition box and all.

What does it really do? Is it really worth it? How does it work? Does anybody know?

It maybe a dumb questions but I would really like to know if anyone can take a few minutes to explain.

Thanks in advance for reading this and for the advice. :blink: :(

MSD Website

Their site will give you more info on what their product actually does.

The highlights of their marketing strategy are based upon their specs vs. stock specs. They offer multiple sparks and higher voltages. If this really makes a huge difference over your stock components is still under debate.

I know in my case for example, I made no extra power on my car with the MSD digital 6 box and coil. 505whp turbo motor on a stock Honda ignition setup.

So I have a 90 CRX b16a swap and I would like to go ahead and replace the ignition system, would it benefit me to go ahead and MSD this mutha out, or just go ahead and replace the stock components, and just get new wires and that jazz?? Also, is there something that's just a little better than stock, that's just OEM parts that may cost a little less? I'm clueless on how all this works. When it comes to electrical, I'm dumb, so explain it like that. I see the guy a post back has the 92 civic with b16a swap, and some MSD stuff, explain the reasons why you have what you have and what exactly it is. Thank You.

biggest waste of cash if you ask me.

the stock honda ignition system will hold 400 whp and 9000 rpms all day.

spend your money on something that will actually "upgrade" your ride.

we don't drive chevy's who can't make an ignition worth a damn....

:werd:

I have a Chevy, and I bought a Jacob's Electronics coil and conversion kit, with Mallory unilite distributor. They've come down a bit since, but that setup cost me near $600. Worth it? Maybe on that Chevy.

Back