MTV's pimp my ride, 87 crx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reckedracing

TTIWWOP
VIP
so i was wondering if anyone saw the 87 crx they "pimped" on mtv...
not a big fan of the show but i was hoping then would do a teg motor swap....

no such luck...

it was a fairly nice kit for a first gen...

anyone know what kind of kit it was?

scoop was wack...
stock carbed motor was wack...
interior work was overkill...
paint job was nice, color was ok...

yeah I saw it a few days ago. Honestly, I didn't think that the CRX was that good lookin afterwards IMO.

Worst show EVER.

They take pieces of shit cars that barely run, and rice it out, giving it a tune up at best. So now, you have a neon orange and green 1984 Maxima that still barely runs, but has a 24 inch LCD screen in the back.

That's because they're letting a bunch of bling-blang jungle dwellers work on the car. It's stupid. MTV should be having Gary Castillo pimping the rides. That would be killer.

They did a pretty cool one the other day. That yellow 72 fj40 landcruiser. My uncle has one and those things kick ass.

Originally posted by reckedracing@Jun 7 2004, 11:19 AM
it was a fairly nice kit for a first gen...

anyone know what kind of kit it was?

It's some crap 2nd gen. mugen knockoff kit... It dosen't even line up with the body. Check out below the headlights:

IMG_1568.sized.jpg

The whole thing was a big dissapointment. Giant wing, neon, all the standard crap. Had the car been on a show like Overhaulin', things may have been different. :)

EDIT: Shrunk the picture

:werd: overhaulin' is the shit. The ones that I've seen, they've replaced the stock engines with crated engines that made crazy power. mmm I wanna be overhauled :lol:

Originally posted by dohch22a4@Jun 7 2004, 12:33 PM
That's because they're letting a bunch of bling-blang jungle dwellers work on the car.

wtf... is hondaswap turning into kkkchat or some shyt.
y cant u biggots just keep ur comments to yoursevles?

ah, i didn't notice how it doesn't match up...

theres a mugen knock off on ebay, or was on ebay, for the first gen's
i was thinking about getting that instead of my 95 civic front and 95 integra rear...

That's because they're letting a bunch of bling-blang jungle dwellers work on the car

bahhhahhahahahhahaa :lol:

crappy paintjobs also, dont spray the engine bay, even though its empty, dont spray the doorjambs or inside of the car, even though its gutted

color wasnt bad though :p

Originally posted by turboB20hatch+Jun 7 2004, 11:22 AM-->
dohch22a4
@Jun 7 2004, 12:33 PM
That's because they're letting a bunch of bling-blang jungle dwellers work on the car.

Well, stereotypes exist 'cause they're true. They are bling loving, materialistic, non performance-oriented "african-americans." How's that? Don't be so sensative, it was a joke and it yielded a laugh. Grow up and overcome. Man, fuck off. I'll leave it at that.

Oh yeah, just as an aside:

y cant u "afferkan amurrrkans" lurn too spell an shyt

I'm done with this thread. Don't be such a sensative little girl about it. I don't care if you call me a milktoast honkey, why should you care if I call you a boogie boo.

Originally posted by dohch22a4@Jun 7 2004, 05:14 PM
Don't be so sensative, it was a joke and it yielded a laugh. Grow up and overcome. Man, fuck off. I'll leave it at that.

AMEN!

But for real, ever since you open your mouth all you've caused are problems. Don't take everything so seriously.

how about we all just get back to the problem at hand. Anyone see that 4-door civic in the first season purple with the two black racing stripes???
Now thats --------> :gayflag:

Originally posted by turboB20hatch+Jun 7 2004, 01:22 PM-->
dohch22a4
@Jun 7 2004, 12:33 PM

haha You rock. Will you be my friend?

seriously though, lighten up.

tuner transformation isnt bad. they took a srt 4 a while ago, did a full coilover suspension, bigger turbo, new injectors, bigger fmic, charge pipes, exhaust etc etc, wheels...all that. Then they took a m3, did some suspension work, a lil motor work, resprayed it, it looked good. they dont go all out bling bling

I tried NOT to watch that gay ass show, everytime I flip through it, I see this show on, and I see just how bad they can mutilate cars. It's sad when they put ONE item in a trunk that's worth more than these cars. The newest "Most stolen car list" will be flooded with Pimp my Ride cars.

"--and the 2005 Most stolen car is a....every piece of shit seen on MTV's Pimp my Ride!"

:puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:
Originally posted by DarkHand@Jun 7 2004, 12:34 PM
IMG_1568.sized.jpg

For a car to look like that, I expect it to be running no higher than in the 13s.

I just had a revelation.... maybe the reason why they don't do any performance mods is so if the car is stolen, the thieves can't make a quick getaway! :D

i saw it. poor poor crx. with all that motorwork :roll: they could have ixnayed the wing and spent the same amount of cash on an ew4? d16 si motor.

Back