Mucho Issues :o

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Han_solo1982

SOHC Pocket Rocket
About 2 years back i did an engine swap in my 1997 civic coupe from a obd2 d16y7 engine into a obd1 d16z6 engine. seems pretty simple now but at the time it proved a problem and with me being (at the time) an uber noob and reading some very bad advice i started chopping away at wired and purchased wiring harnesses and ended up doing something i dont wanna talk about and well ....... lets just say an accident happened and i threw the engine and harness out >.<

alot of stuff happened and well it wasnt pretty. 2 years on i still have the shell of a car and i recently purchased (what i thought ) was a new loom and installed it along with a new engine (d16z6).

Here is my problem. when i fire the engine up it starts and runs but its almost like the engine has a skipping rope and is jumping up and down from 1000-1200 rpm. when she warms up it quickens from 1050-1150. its annoying as hell!!!! :s

here is my predicament i am not sure there is some shorted wire or faulty sensor on the car. i am using a p28 ecu and when i turn the car on it throws code 14 but when i manually test to iacv it makes the normal clicking noise so i am stumped.

was gonna strip the car back and test each wire on the ecu plugs to see if i have a short someplace or something. i just am a lil frustrated as i dont REALLY wanna give up on it as i have now been on this mission for ages :p yar yar i know... NOOB alert BUT any advice would be really helpfull.

Peace

clean the iac, there should be a little screen inside of it that gets dirty and can make it do that.so unbolt it and have a look

did that ... used some break cleaner (well i was told to use it so am hoping it ok to use that :eek:)

didnt do anything. problem is if it was the iacv then when i manually activated the solinoid on the batery it still makes a clicking noise.

i am thinking after reading some here that it could be a distributor problem. will check that and get back.

yeah but if there is a code 14 then thats a problem too

hi
i have a 95 civic ex with the d16z6 the ecu that i have is the p28 but my car is only reving is only ta 6500rpm my car doesnt rev to 7200rpm like a suposed to what can my problem be

hi
i have a 95 civic ex with the d16z6 the ecu that i have is the p28 but my car is only reving is only ta 6500rpm my car doesnt rev to 7200rpm like a suposed to what can my problem be
search button, then if you dont find a answer start your own thread dont jack this one.

Back