Mud Flaps for mah 4X4 VROOOOOOOOMMMMM!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Capt. Orygun

Win the Day
So I have an 07 tacoma 4x4, good truck. Kinda light on power at 5400 feet, but how else do you get 25mpg out of a 4WD truck?

Anyways.

Bought some new wheels and tires a year ago, love them. Some of those all weather jobs, black wheels with the chrome accents, they look nice, slightly oversized versus stock. But they rubbed on my mudflaps. So I took it down to the tire place and went went to war on the flaps with a dremel until we achieved clearance... success! Until they fell off.

I need some sort of low clearance mud flap, I searched around online but I'm not seeing anything I like. Does anybody have any suggestions?

A thought

I remember the guy at Les Schwab offered to install a front suspension spacer to overcome the clearance issue. He pointed out that the front of trucks is always slightly lower than the rear, and that this would balance it out, and fix the problem.

What do you guys think?

It will be fine, probably just a leveling kit. Just remember when you lift the front of the truck and not the back that when you load the bed up your front end will be higher than the rear. It could hurt handling and braking when you are loaded. Shouldn't be a major issue but you will notice it. Adjust your headlights after.

You equired to run them by local law? If not, why not just leave them off?

How about this? We deal with RC at the shop I work at, never had a single problem with any of their stuff.

Back