muffler question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

zap45

Im looking for a quiet not fart can muffler. one i got now is terrible and would like to replaced it. Any body know of good muffler. My exhaust is 2.5
thanks

Basically, anything that's oval-shaped (as opposed to a round "fart can" style) is probably going to sound better...

What I've done with most all mine is a glasspack style right about under or past the shifter then out to a turbo 'oval' style out back with a resonated tip. Or another glasspack out back with tip. (depending on how many bends there needs to be)

I usually make my own up, but then again we don't have the restrictions here in the Memphis area as some would in other parts. (you don't want to spend 2-300+ on a system and then get repeated tickets..)
Some of the glasspack styles are either louvered on the inside or smooth bore with tiny holes. The louvered ones can be 'tuned' by changing the direction of the louvers. Smooth bore ones can get a little 'raspy' depending on how short they are.

Another idea can be to get a hacksaw or other cutting device and hit the local yard and look under a RL,TL, Lexus, Infinity for a larger dia stock resonator/muffler closer to the motor that will fit up in your tunnel and use that. Actually at less than a $/ft, it can be a cheap way to get mandrel bent double walled tubing. All this depends on your ability to fab/weld up something nice.
BUT, I've seen other cars at yards that had fairly new all stainless systems that one could get CHEAP too!

Most of my past ones have a nice lower idle, fairly quiet cruising, but louder under full throttle.

E

perfect the dynomax sounds just right we installed it today no more raspy fart sound. thanks for your suggestions guys:)

Back